Drayage Dispatcher at NEXT Trucking
| El Segundo
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:46 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 11, 2020
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About the Role:
As the Drayage Dispatcher you’ll ensure the timely and proper delivery of Containers. You’ll work with Owner Operator’s and 3rd party fleets to deliver loads and coordinate with Operations Specialists on any exceptions. Maintaining accurate data, tracking and tracing loads using mobile application and GPS data, maximizing driver satisfaction and efficiency is a priority for you.
What You'll Do:
- Assign drivers to loads according to delivery plans in order to maximize efficiency, customer satisfaction, and driver opportunity
- Manage delivery exceptions to speedy resolution
- Answer a high level of inbound calls to assist 3rd party carrier load exceptions
- Ensure that drivers are using the mobile application for track & trace as well as upload of load-related documents
- Troubleshoot and coach third party carriers on using the NEXT Trucking app
- Ensure accurate routing data of all assigned containers within the TMS
- Work closely with the asset team on closing any coverage gaps
- Work with Yard Management team on inbound/outbound scheduling for optimal yard efficiency
- Work with Operations Specialists to determine the itinerary for approved shipments
- Provide support for the preparation and clearance of import shipments
- Guide and help drivers' problem solve and resolute drivers' contact issues (primarily via text, phone or e-mail) in a timely and appropriate manner
- Anticipate, identify, and resolve problems that delay the release or delivery of cargo
- Continuously improve operational processes to gain efficiencies and reduce issues
- Other duties as assigned
- High School diploma/equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must be okay with working night shift
- A minimum of 2 years hands-on Dispatch experience
- Understanding of applicable regulations including areas of safety and commercial driver HOS
- Demonstrated ability to perform with grace under pressure
- Multi-tasking skills in a fast-moving and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communications
- Experience with industry-standard TMS systems as well as Microsoft productivity software, google suite a plus
- Passion for technology
- Competitive Salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry
Read Full Job Description