District Manager, West Coast at Reformation
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make sustainable clothes that don’t look, you know, sustainable, while raising awareness around fashion’s impact on the environment. Being naked is the #1 most sustainable option. We’re #2.
No position at Reformation is about the status quo, every team member is passionate about building a company rooted in excellence. Obsessed with technology and using it to create a unique interaction between our employees, customers, and the Reformation brand, the District Manager will lead and execute all efforts required to achieve district-wide goals in new tech-based concepts, vintage & classic concepts.
Reporting to the Director of Retail, essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
What You’ll Do:
- Consistently meet and exceed District sales goals.
- Oversee & assist in organizing mandatory monthly/quarterly team training programs emphasizing sales strategies and new technology offerings. Each month will focus on a new feature in the technology or revisit best practices for selling & customer interaction.
- Actively contribute and require client generation through customer engagement to maximize return customer rate
- Support corporate marketing team to drive traffic through retail marketing events- set individual store goals pertaining to events and partner with Store Managers to generate ideas for programming to increase traffic
- Support the new store expansion process within District through recruiting, onboarding, training, etc.
- Contribute to a technology lead in-store experience for customers that both surprises and delights them - Make the technology part of the experience and utilize the innovative piece of this to engage and retain a solid customer base.
- Be present on the sales floor and monitor client interaction alongside all teams - Spend approximately 50% of time present on sales floors, with the teams in each building
- Uphold & require extraordinary customer experience feedback and scoring on service evaluation through NPS for all stores in district, work through trainings to ensure
- Bring new ideas to the table regularly - Be a leader for retail and communicate up new offerings, suggested enhancement to RFM & Leadership.
- Act as brand ambassador- engage customers on the brand, be knowledgeable in this conversation; inform without being pushy. Push for training on this topic and communicate product knowledge regularly.
- Utilize the customer interaction and feedback to provide tangible information to corporate teams. Compile this information in a way that can directly impact the customer experience.
- Roll-out new store technologies that improve the customer experience with cross-functional teams
- Uphold consistent inventory accuracy and controls in stores through daily/weekly cycle counts and quarterly physical inventory
- Provide real-time and weekly feedback on technology functions, operations and experience
- Track metrics for BOH fulfillment, mis-pulls, cycle counts & overall inventory accuracy. Use this information to grow the team further and take action when necessary.
- Assist in overseeing inbound & outbound inventory. Track receiving & removal of product alongside Operation focused team.
- Sustain seamless store operational procedures, maintain weekly workflow specific to each building using effective scheduling
- Achieve payroll goals weekly & monthly based on needs of the business & store specific budgets
- Ensure facility maintenance, presentation and organization. Escalate when necessary to support the teams and the businesses.
- Manage district-wide supply ordering using a monthly budget provided by Retail Development team. Assist in troubleshooting when needed.
- Support merchandising presentation strategy and concept standards
- Ensure the selling floor reflects the brand and concept standards at all times
- Provide real-time and weekly feedback on product and sales performance
- Communicate high-level district allocation needs to corporate teams based on sell-through, customer feedback, and strategic business planning
People & Culture:
- Recruit, interview and execute onboarding process for all store positions - Monitor onboarding process for all stores and final interview candidates for all roles in every building.
- Display a dedicated approach to motivate, develop and retain Ref employees - Goal of 50% retention quarterly for district
- Provide performance feedback to ensure growth, change and results - Employees should be coached in the moment, & should have scheduled quarterly touch bases with their direct supervisor. DM to ensure these touchbases are scheduled and consistent.
- Managers should meet with ASMs and BOH Leads/Managers weekly, keyholders monthly, and all associates quarterly
- DM should have weekly TBs with direct report Store Managers and monthly TBs with ASMs/OMs
- Contribute & lead through training and customer experience programs
- A stores - All team meetings monthly.
- B/C stores - All team meetings quarterly.
- Topics to be brainstormed with RFM for approval.
- Execute annual appraisal process for all direct reports - this conversation must include performance evaluation, growth opportunity & desires, and compensation if applicable.
- Create fun & exciting contests for store teams to encourage teamwork & heighten morale
- Strategically position talent for future growth and expansion
- Must have relevant multi-store management experience
- In each building locally at least once each week
- Works a weekend day in each local building once each month
- Visits non-local stores at least once each quarter - budget to be approved by Director
- Does not exceed Travel Budget provided by Finance & Director
- Present to work alongside team on Sales Floor 50% of in-store time
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance for eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holidays & volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Mission based company + casual and entrepreneurial work environment
- Clothing discount, dog-friendly office, company events + parties and much more
- 401K with company match
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
The Reformation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Some light reading - Forbes, Fashionista and Business of Fashion