Director, WLAN Network Architecture
Director, WLAN Network Architecture
At Boingo we’re solving some of the most complex issues in wireless networking. We’re looking for a Director, Wi-Fi architect who will research, develop and implement the latest WLAN solutions in a variety of challenging venues. In this Network Architect role, you’ll evaluate latest equipment, protocols, and methodologies in our lab environment, then following proof-of-concept, roll out new solutions for commercialization. You’ll also represent Boingo at the associations and committees that are defining future networking standards. You will also lead and manage a team of experienced professionals. We’re a collaborative team of folks who value innovation, constant learning, and humility.
- Architect end-to-end WLAN solutions, using new and upcoming Wireless technology standards and protocols in the domain of Wi-Fi 6, Passpoint and 5G.
- Design, lead and influence Wi-Fi infrastructure, protocols and unlicensed technologies to help Boingo succeed in an evolving wireless ecosystem.
- Perform architecture recommendations, improvements and contributions in all areas of Wi-Fi and unlicensed technologies, including convergence, Multi path TCP/UDP, 5G, SDN and NFV, for example.
- Lead efforts with Engineering, Operations, Business Development, and Marketing to define WLAN technology prototypes, proof of concept projects and execute them successfully.
- Work on Infrastructure projects involving WLAN Core elements including Router, Gateway and Switch infrastructure.
- Stay on top of various 802.11 protocols including focus on 5G and unlicensed standards.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience on WLAN Network technology; protocol stacks, radio topologies, and architecture.
- Very strong design, architecture, and development experience (10+ years) across WLAN technologies.
- Thorough understanding of, and experience in various networking protocols, including 802.11a/b/g/n/ax, OSI, MultiPath TCP (MPTCP), RADIUS, AAA, and TCP/IP as well as experience with VMWare.
- 10+ years’ experience with Infrastructure-related projects in the area of Wi-Fi access points, core network architecture, SNMP, REST APIs, Virtual infrastructures etc.
- Exposure and experience on the various NFV/SDN technology standards.
- Passionate about network technology evolution, interested in crafting innovative solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; you’ll be our representative in the industry and bring new information back to the Boingo team – executive briefings, engineer training.
- Experience gathering requirements, designing and executing successful projects.
- Passionate about Wireless protocols, R&D, developing prototypes and building solutions for commercialization.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 14-16 years of equivalent development experience or Master’s Degree and 12-14 years' equivalent development experience.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more. We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products.
Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.