Director, US Operations - iHerb Logistics at iHerb
Supporting the goals and visions of the COO of iHerb Logistics LLC, this position shall be responsible for establishing, expanding, and continuously enhancing the US delivery, US trucking, and Ocean import and export operations while leading and developing its team members. Aiming to maximize iHerb Logistics’ US and Ocean business growth and profitability, the Director of US Operations executes short and long term initiatives and processes to optimize workflow, including the submission, review, and implementations to control budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, workflow efficiencies, and new areas of technology and customer service efficiency. This position shall coordinate with various internal and external parties to ensure iHerb Logistics maintains a best in the class logistical functions and results. The ability to provide the company with a strategic vision in scaling through automation and executing such vision is anticipated.
- Advise the COO on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions, strategic planning, and resource allocation
- Build out the US Delivery Sort Centers and establish operational processes/ process improvement initiatives
- Ensure quality control of all facility output as it pertains to customer satisfaction and delivery of services
- Establish reporting systems to monitor performance and budget for weekly review sessions with the COO
- Direct facility operations to meet budget and other financial goals
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals
- Keep abreast with ocean import and export rules and regulations
- Manage logistics vendor relationships and contracts
- Maintain knowledge of latest and relevant legislation, political situations and other factors that could affect the US warehouse operations, US trucking industry, and the ocean shipping industry
- Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear, and coordination is good
- Ensure activities comply with organizational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations, and general duty of care
- Facilitate resolution of issues between departments
- Take charge in high-priority crises
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for the management team
- Demonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company products and services
- Guide development of organization through high growth as well as stable growth phases
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth/expansion activities to support overall business objectives and plans
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent end to end project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of e-Commerce operations, budgeting, customer service, IT, business development, and strategic planning
- Ability to generate respect and trust from peer groups, support staff and external constituencies
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Must be able to travel
- Strong grasp of business strategy and ability to prioritize opportunities
- Demonstrated success in managing and developing direct reports
- Critical thinker, strong at problem solving
- Excellent process improvement capability
- Intellectually savvy – ability to translate conceptual ideas and concepts to practical use
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Experience with Google Business Suite (Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms) preferred
- Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years of delivery operations such as hub, sort center, or delivery operations management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.