Director of Production
Team and Role Overview
Relativity seeks a highly talented Director of Production to join a rapidly growing space startup. This position will provide outstanding technical leadership in the development of the automation and production process for Relativity’s launch vehicles, as well as helping build a world-class automation team. A high degree of autonomy and leadership is required.
The Mission/Outcomes and Objectives
Our mission is to change the people’s conception of the way rockets are built and flown. As the Director of Production, you will lead the team defining the overall automation and production process for Relativity’s launch vehicles. In addition, you will be responsible for developing the production flow, supply chain and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system working closely with the operations, engineering and additive teams. You will manage and oversee the manufacturing and production of launch vehicles using industry leading automation techniques to minimize the touch labor, lead time and cost while maintaining the highest levels of reliability and safety. Through the use of large scale additive manufacturing you will lead the automation of the launch vehicle assembly using lean manufacturing techniques. The success of this team is also highly dependent on your willingness to recruit, build, and mentor a world class automation team.
Minimum Required Skills and Competencies
- An undergraduate or graduate degree (BS/MS/PhD) and demonstrated leadership experience
- Knowledge of complex hardware manufacturing, production, and/or supply chain processes
- Hands on experience with process automation
- Track record of building and managing a team with successful product delivery
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with both internal and external groups to overcome associated constraints
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Preferred Skills and Competencies
- 5+ years of experience with aerospace production and manufacturing
- Lean Six Sigma training and certification
- Experience with additive manufacturing
- Hands on experience with implementing an ERP system for aerospace hardware
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a United States Person as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.