Director, Production- Animation at Warner Bros. Discovery (Greater LA Area, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
About Warner Bros. Animation...
Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) is one of the leading producers of animation in the entertainment industry, producing and developing projects both domestically and internationally. As home to the iconic animated characters from the DC, Hanna-Barbera, MGM and Looney Tunes libraries, WBA produces highly successful series, shorts, specials, and animated films - including the DC Universe Movies - for release on multiple platforms including HBO, MAX, Netflix, and Hulu. One of the most-honored animation studios in history, WBA has won six Academy Awards®, 40 Emmy® Awards, the George Foster Peabody Award, a BAFTA Children's Award, an Environmental Media Award, a Parents' Choice Award, the HUMANITAS Prize, two Prism Awards and 21 Annie Awards (honoring excellence in animation).
Your New Role...
Oversees in-house production teams as well as projects produced through outside studios from development through post production. This position will work closely with Executives, Department Heads and creative teams to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality, timely delivery and within budget.
Your Role Accountabilities...
- Oversees and creates production workflows/pipelines for productions ranging from 2D, Flash, Digital and CGI. Prepares production schedules and budgets. Works closely with production management and production accounting.
- Supervises Producers/Line Producers; manages and assesses schedules, budgets and reports. Assists in creating new reports for tracking purposes as needed.
- Collaborates with SVP, Production, division executives, Producers, Writers and Directors on the development of all projects and ensures a smooth transition from development into production.
- Responsible for managing day-to-day aspects of production by providing leadership and guidance to project personnel. Identify challenges, analyze risks and work with appropriate teams to resolve issues. Assists with training and mentoring of production management staff across all production.
- Develops and establishes new production methodologies to increase efficiencies, manages costs and nurtures innovation for 2D, Flash, Digital and CGI productions.
- Identifies and evaluates animation subcontractors and potential co-production partners.
- Partners with SVP, Production to oversee the Post department in conjunction with the Post Production Manager. Updates Delivery Requirements document as needed.
- Assists production in the recruitment of qualified staff including artists, production teams, casting/voice directors, directors, etc.
- Researches emerging industry trends and production techniques to constantly refine and improve production methodologies.
- Provides back-up support to SVP, Production in approving rates for and/or negotiating salaries in hiring Local 839 artists. Approves all hiring forms for artists and vendors.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Experience...
- Minimum of 8+ years of hands-on production experience including post required.
- Experience managing creative teams in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong track record of delivering animated series/Direct-To-Videos (DTVs) on time and within budget.
- Experience working with various mediums such as CG, 2D, flash and Harmony/digital required.
- Strong passion for children's programming.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
B/A or B/S degree in related field preferred.
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $109,900.00 - $204,100.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].