Director of Operations at StackCommerce
Who We Are:
StackCommerce is the leading product discovery platform for publishers and brands. Our award-winning solution allows users to discover and purchase products on the publisher sites they visit daily. We provide 2,500+ merchants and retailers with unmatched exposure through product listings and shoppable articles. For publishers, we power white-labeled ecommerce shops with on-site checkout for readers. We’ve helped over 1,000 publishers monetize with commerce, including Yahoo!, CNN, Hearst, Mashable, NY Post, TMZ, MarketWatch, and more.
We are seeking a results-driven, innovative and passionate leader to serve in the role of Director of Operations. Our Operations team is dedicated to delivering excellence from the time a customer places an order to the moment a customer opens their package, while maintaining the highest standards of quality and craftsmanship.
The primary objectives of this position are to design, improve and manage the operations processes and team to deliver an exceptional product, efficiently. Leveraging robust analytical skills and your experience in operations, you will focus on improving and scaling our day to day operations as we expand our reach. Ideally, you have worked with and understand the full product cycle including order management, vendor management, logistics, inventory, fulfillment, and customer support. You have also demonstrated a capability of building and improving upon systems and processes. A strong focus on root cause analysis and manipulating and analyzing data to drive business decisions is essential, as is prior experience analyzing productivity metrics and using data to allocate resources.
The ideal person for this role thrives in fast-paced startup environments and has demonstrated an ability to be effective with finite resources. We have a social and environmental mission at the core of our company and are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about helping us achieve our social goals as well as our business goals.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and track KPIs to measure and manage operational efficiencies, vendor performance, cost improvements, team productivity, and product quality.
- Use data to analyze operational problems and make recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Ensure process and team scalability, cost effectiveness and overall process efficiency.
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement with a commitment to quality and automating basic processes.
- Work closely as a senior member of the operations leadership team to contribute to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies, and practices.
- Analyze, formulate and implement systems, infrastructure, policies and procedures to ensure smooth operation of business. Continually improve and automate systems.
- As needed, recruit, hire and develop a strong team to meet company objectives.
- Manage one or more specific functions (based on previous experience) to empower individuals and help solve day to day problems properly allocating tasks and resources to ensure general operations run smoothly. Act as an individual contributor when necessary.
- Communicate with and manage vendors to support company objectives and build long term partnerships.
- Ensure all aspects of the supply chain are well developed and maintained to ensure a superior customer experience, timeliness and a high level of efficiency.
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering on contact resolution and product enhancements
What You'll Bring:
- 7-10 years of Operations Management experience with inventory/ supply chain/ production in a product, retail, or ecommerce environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or Economics preferred
- Experience with Salesforce, Zendesk, and Looker preferred
- Highly analytical and efficient in manipulating, presenting, and drawing insights
- Experience with outsourced operations including domestic and international fulfillment, dropshipping, managing manufacturing and supply chain vendors, and logistics is a plus
- Highly organized with focus on execution, problem solving, and improving processes
- Exceptional time management skills and accountability
- Ability to think critically and adapt quickly in a flexible environment
- Demonstrated abilities to lead a team and to collaborate with other leaders within a fast-paced startup environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit / self-starter
What to Expect:
- Intro Call: You’ll hop on a quick call with the hiring manager so we can get to know you better — and you can learn a little more about the role.
- Follow-Up Call: Chat with the Team Lead to get a broader picture of StackCommerce.
- Technical Interview: We send over a quick exercise that challenges you to solve a problem in real time. Get a feel for what you’ll be doing on a daily basis!
- Remote-Team Interview: You’ll be meeting with 5-6 team members on a video call. This is your chance to ask questions and see who this role interacts with on a daily basis.
- Final Video Call: This is a great opportunity to get to know our COO or CEO over video.
- Offer: We send over an offer and you (hopefully) accept! Welcome to Stack!
Benefits + Perks:
As a company, we have a lot to offer for the right candidate:
- Competitive Compensation Package: Equity, 401(k) & Health Insurance
- Dream Setup: MacBook + 27” Thunderbolt display with any bells and whistles you need
- Super Flex Time: Run errands as needed, just get your stuff done
- Unlimited Vacation: Take time to unwind
- Learning Budget: Dollars towards eLearning courses, eBooks, and more
- WFH Office: Home office stipend and internet dollars to set you up for success
- Events: Weekly happy hours, company trips, team bonding budgets, quarterly company “Hack Days”, monthly birthday celebrations, and team culture events (even while remote!)
- When We’re Back at the Office:
- Location: Our office is on the beach in Venice…take a jog to clear your mind!
- Free Food/Drinks: Stocked cabinets and fridge at your disposal
By the numbers...
- We’ve paid our publisher and merchant partners $150+ million and counting!
- We’ve been a profitable business from day 1.
- We work with 1k+ media publishers including Mashable, TMZ, CNN, NY Post, & others.
- We’ve been a ‘BuiltinLA Best Place to Work in LA’ for 2 years straight.
- We’re currently a fully-remote team with 110 teammates. Are you next?
StackCommerce is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration. If you’re passionate about your work, we’d love to hear from you!