Named to Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies list in 2017, Digiday's Most Innovative Publisher in 2018, and one of Comparably’s Best Companies for Company Culture in 2019, Who What Wear is looking for an experienced, hands-on leader who is motivated by the opportunity to launch the operational and logistic arm of our brand’s new direct-to-consumer business initiative.
The Director of Operations and Logistics is responsible for deploying a standardized and optimized 3PL network to minimize costs, maximize profitability, and deliver unparalleled customer experience.
Our ideal candidate has strong analytical and quantitative skills, including logistics P&L budgeting and management skills, and has a critical eye for problem-solving. This position reports to the CFO and is based in Los Angeles.
*COVID-19 Hiring: To protect the health and safety of our employees, 100% of our staff is working remotely until further notice. That said, all of our recruiting, interviews, and onboarding activities are virtual. Thank you for your flexibility.
- Liaise with our freight forwarders, 3PLs, and other external partners to guarantee timely, accurate inventory
- Oversee and optimize all shipping, receiving, and return processing
- Negotiate contracts with 3PL and small parcel carriers to ensure small parcel rates meet the highest service levels at the lowest possible cost
- Establish processes for tracking, goal monitoring, and forecasting regarding inbound shipments
- Establish SLA and goals for fulfillment: speed, accuracy, processing time, and compliance
- Proactively communicate operational changes and limitations to leadership to enable quick decision making in other departments
- Implement systems and automation to find scalability and efficiency in operational tasks
- Manage order flow at all 3PL to ensure orders are being prioritized, exceptions managed in advance, and orders keep flowing to meet customer requested delivery dates
- Liaise with customs brokers regarding landed cost tracker, item classification, and customs strategies
- Generate and maintain a master catalog of products each season, including the creation of SKUs and UPCs
- 8-12 years of progressive experience in supply chain and logistics roles preferably with expertise managing 3PLs
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including logistics P&L budgeting and management skills
- Clear and succinct communication skills, effective for all levels of the organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, or a related field is preferred
- Exceptional in MS office including the ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets in Excel
- Knowledge of customs practices, incoterms, and transport modes (intermodal, vessel, air, truck)
- Knowledge of small parcel shipping methods, LTL, last mile, etc.
- Excellent problem solver
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance: Unlimited time off, paid holidays, summer Fridays, paid winter break, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: 85%–100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Financial Well-being: Sponsored 401k plan with unlimited access to financial advisors and planning tools. Bonus eligibility for all employees.
- Opportunity to Do Good: We’re proud to match 100% of employee donations made to organizations that combat racism and/or support recovery from racist acts of violence.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with products at affordable prices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Who What Wear also has offices in New York City and London, with Amazon, Greycroft Partners, BDMI, WndrCo, and others as key investors.