Director, Marketplace Management
The Director, Marketplace Management is a leadership role focused on developing and operationalizing strategies for OpenX’s core programmatic marketplace functions, including auction design, pricing, fees and user & device identification. This person will report to the SVP of Monetization & Platform and have a combination of ongoing operational responsibilities and evolving project ownership. It’s a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to develop general management skills in an innovative tech company.
- Manage operational tasks related to core programmatic marketplace functions
- Hire and manage a team as needed to support those operational tasks
- Develop, evaluate and prioritize marketplace automation and optimization product initiatives
- Benchmark competitor’s positioning and capabilities related to marketplace functionality
- Partner with the Engineering and Business Intelligence teams to build an end-to-end view of OpenX’s programmatic marketplace including potential failure points and KPIs
- Lead various projects in support of the SVP of Monetization & Platform, including but not limited to the areas of video, rich media, publisher integrations, containers, and identity management
- Experience in the online advertising and/or advertising technology industries, including an understanding of programmatic ad buying and selling
- Prior roles in general management, strategy, product management, project management, media buying, yield management, ad operations, and/or sales operations
- Very strong Excel and data analysis skills
- Ability to develop, scale and manage internal operational processes
- Preferred: Experience using DSPs for programmatic media buying, familiarity with second-price auction models, understanding of header bidding and containers, and data querying skills
Skills and Personal Attributes:
- Strong leadership skills and a talent for driving cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical thinking, and the ability to develop and present product and solution recommendations to internal teams and to clients / prospects
- Sound business judgment and a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to form strong relationships with internal teams
- Comfortable working independently and cross-functionally in a fast-moving startup environment
- Intellectually curious and creative
- Professional, outgoing, confident with sound written and presentation skills
Company at a Glance
OpenX is focused on unleashing the full economic potential of digital media companies. We do this by making digital advertising markets and technologies that are designed to deliver optimal value to publishers and advertisers on every ad served across all screens.
At OpenX, we have built a team that is uniquely experienced in designing and operating high-scale ad marketplaces, and we are constantly on the lookout for thoughtful, creative executors who are as fascinated as we are about finding new ways to apply a blend of market design, technical innovation, operational excellence, and empathetic partner service to the frontiers of digital advertising.
Our five company values form a solid bedrock serving to define us as a group and guide the company. Our values remind us that how we do things often matters as much as what we do.
We are one
One team. No exceptions. We are a group of strong and diverse individuals unified by a clear common purpose.
Our customers define us
We know our business flourishes or dies because of our customers.
OpenX is mine
We are all owners of OpenX. We stake our personal and professional reputations on the excellence of our work.
We are an open book
We are eager to teach and share what we know with others.
We evolve fast
We take risks and confront failure openly. We recognize and repeat success aggressively. We actively seek out and provide constructive criticism. Defensiveness is for weaklings!