Director of International Operations - APAC at GOAT Group
Greater LA Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:37 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, April 1, 2020
In this role you will:
- Develop and grow our International APAC cross-border logistics network, including a deep understanding of customs, duties, and taxes with new and existing international partners
- Work with APAC parcel couriers, key accounts, and omni-channel logistics services to minimize the cost and time of product travel
- Interface with product and engineering teams to design, develop and continually improve international experience and shipping logic
- Troubleshoot order issues with Product and Business Development teams to ensure existing orders move quickly through fulfillment
- Budget, plan, and track the financial impact of our international growth throughout the organization, and communicate with Executive leadership regularly
- Working with the Talent team, build-out, train, and lead a team focused on making international operations a core-competency of GOAT Group
- Optimize the APAC courier experience for each facility to eliminate errors and processing time
- Follow all GOAT Group policies and procedures
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up
We are looking for:
- At least 15+ years of experience in international operations and logistics through multiple countries, with 10+ specifically operating in APAC
- Proven results negotiating rates with major and regional carriers
- Experience importing and exporting throughout major industrialized nations in APAC
- Highly organized individual with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
GOAT is the global platform for style. Founded in 2015 to bring trust to the sneaker community, the technology platform has since expanded to offer apparel and accessories from the world’s leading contemporary, avant garde and luxury brands. Through its unique positioning between the primary and resale markets, the company is able to surface styles from the past, present and future, delivering authentic product to over 20M members across 164 countries.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable. If you are a California resident, please review our California Privacy Rights Notice for Job Applicants.
Read Full Job Description