Director of International Operations - APAC
Greater LA Area
In this role you will:
- Develop and grow our International APAC cross-border logistics network, including a deep understanding of customs, duties, and taxes with new and existing international partners
- Work with APAC parcel couriers, key accounts, and omni-channel logistics services to minimize the cost and time of product travel
- Interface with product and engineering teams to design, develop and continually improve international experience and shipping logic
- Troubleshoot order issues with Product and Business Development teams to ensure existing orders move quickly through fulfillment
- Budget, plan, and track the financial impact of our international growth throughout the organization, and communicate with Executive leadership regularly
- Working with the Talent team, build-out, train, and lead a team focused on making international operations a core-competency of GOAT Group
- Optimize the APAC courier experience for each facility to eliminate errors and processing time
- Follow all GOAT Group policies and procedures
- Be flexible to manage other assignments as they come up
We are looking for:
- At least 15+ years of experience in international operations and logistics through multiple countries, with 10+ specifically operating in APAC
- Proven results negotiating rates with major and regional carriers
- Experience importing and exporting throughout major industrialized nations in APAC
- Highly organized individual with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
GOAT Group is the world’s largest marketplace for authentic sneakers. Its brands offer the greatest selection of sneakers available through company-operated retail stores, e-commerce sites and mobile apps under the GOAT and Flight Club brands. Through its innovative technology and service, GOAT Group has changed the landscape of sneaker commerce and has quickly become the world’s most trusted source to discover, buy and sell authentic sneakers.
The company is backed by strategic investor Foot Locker, Inc. as well as some of the leading names in venture capital including Accel, Andreessen Horowitz, Ashton Kutcher, Index Ventures, Matrix Partners, NEA, SV Angel, Upfront Ventures, Webb Investment Network and Y Combinator.
GOAT Group will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, if applicable.
Read Full Job Description