Director, HBO and MAX Budget Estimating and Special Projects at Warner Bros. Discovery (Culver City, CA)
Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery... the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are...
When we say, "the stuff dreams are made of," we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next...
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Your New Role
HBO seeks an Estimator for the Production Finance department. Primary responsibility is to create pilot and series budgets for numerous studio development projects. Run budget comparisons across projects and locations. Use of internal systems to run analysis and cost comparisons. Work with executives, freelance accountants, and producers on reviewing accurate rates, fringes, and incentive tags. Also reviewing rates and fringes used within the payroll accounting software.
Your Role Accountabilities
- Create pattern and amort production budgets for numerous television projects in conjunction with Production Finance and Production Executives and Producers
- 2 Develop and update template budgets
- Tracking of current tax incentive rules and requirements.
- Special projects and analysis
Qualifications and Experience
- Proficient with Movie Magic Budgeting software.
- Series experience is a must.
- Experience with international projects a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of union deals including rates and fringes
in main production hubs.
- Must be able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and
work well under deadlines and time constraints.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with all
levels of personnel.
- Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Extensive understanding of guild, union, and PH&W requirements
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving abilities
- Experience with tax credits and show setup
- 7 years related business experience.
- Bachelors degree required. Accounting or Finance degree preferred.
- Production accounting experience and physical production experience .
- Strong leadership, teamwork, critical thinking and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and perform under pressure.
- Experience with MovieMagic Budgeting, PSL, Smart Accounting & other industry standard digital systems
How We Get Things Done...
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits...
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary based on several factors, including but not limited to external market data, internal equity, location, skillset, experience, and/or performance. Base pay is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery's total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $109,900.00 - $204,100.00 salary per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at [email protected].