Director of Global Supply Chain and Procurement
The Black Tux is reinventing the formalwear rental experience so guys can show up at their best on the days that matter most. We design and manufacture modern rental suits and tuxedos that actually fit—made of 100% wool, ordered online, and delivered for free.
The Director of Global Supply Chain is a dynamic and results-driven leader who will direct, develop and implement the necessary functional and process competencies to plan, source, purchase and deliver world-class product. In this role this person will manage inventory within a multiple DC environment and develop cutting edge forward and reverse, omni-channel logistical strategies. We are looking for a passionate, driven, visionary leader with a track-record of performance.
What You'll Do
- Develop and implement short and long term, data driven, supply chain management strategies required to achieve operating profit, working capital turns and customer service levels while maintaining alignment with company brand pillars, budgets and KPI’s.
- Develop our next generation supply chain systems, working with our engineers to prioritize the most impactful improvements to meet the unique needs of an apparel rental / retail business.
- Analyze inventory levels and support the development of a replenishment strategy based on current sales trends within mens formalwear categories with great complexities.
- Develop strategic solutions to optimize the ordering approach and optimize the delivery process
- Utilize market indicators to manage supplier cost, while forecasting for seasonal fluctuations and maintaining contingency plans with major suppliers with secondary and tertiary supply bases.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams related to planning, purchasing, logistics and inventory management initiatives.
- Develop strategic relationships and partnerships with key product vendors both domestically and internationally.
- Implement and manage a Supplier Certification program and drive root cause/countermeasure process for critical issues and ensure that all countermeasures are followed through on.
- Have expert level knowledge of planning/pull systems, lean manufacturing and JIT principles and be able to effectively apply them in the appropriate situations.
- Evaluate and direct production plans and manage supplier capacities data to determine trends, resource requirements and constraints.
- Deliver immediate, proactive, whatever-it-takes support to fulfillment centers
- Interact with and influence both internal and external teams from the executive to the individual contributor in order to establish and execute global material strategies.
- Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the effective operation of the material planning, sourcing, purchasing logistics and inventory management functions. This will include coaching and mentoring for optimal results and associate development.
Who You Are
- Bachelor degree required, Supply Chain Management preferred
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership position within a dynamic environment related to materials planning, forecasting, international sourcing, purchasing, logistics and inventory management, apparel experience preferred
- Masters in Supply Chain Management preferred
- CSCM, CPM, CPIM Certification preferred
- Advanced Excel skills, experience with Tableau or SQL preferred
- Extensive experience with international sourcing, apparel experience preferred
- Extensive experience with lean concepts/tools such as VSM, Kanban, JIT and Kaizen
- Understanding of production flow principles and manufacturing processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively work with many levels and types of people
- Project Management Skills
- Strong team and department leadership capability
Benefits and Perks
Exciting startup environment
Weekly catered lunches
Complimentary dry cleaning & tailoring services
Health, dental and vision coverage
Parental leave (non-birthing parents included)
Open vacation time
Stocked kitchen & pantry
Apple equipment or whatever you need to be productive
Monthly team outings
Free suit and tuxedo rentals
We're an equal opportunity employer to all. We interview and hire applicants of all backgrounds, orientations, expressions, and identities