Director, Global Member Experience
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a smarter way to shop. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Director of Global Member Experience to join the Product Team in our Los Angeles office.
About the Team:
Our Membership Experience team is the connection between Honey and the world — they collect and analyze feedback, detect trends, diagnose bugs, make wrongs right, and help our 10+ million members worldwide find great deals every day.
About the Role:
Honey is rapidly expanding the suite of products available to our members, and we’re looking to dramatically scale our customer support in the coming months to a world-class, always-available organization that will span both local and overseas teams. You will be the architect leading this charge, working with the Product and Operations teams to plan, scale, lead, and refine how we do customer support at Honey. This role will report to the VP of Product.
What You’ll Do:
As the Director of Global Member Experience, you will:
- Design and scale the Member Experience team to support a variety of products and services with 24x7 availability across email, chat, and phone
- Build processes that enable the right work to be handled by the right people, ensuring that our members consistently have great experiences when they reach out
- Work with the Product team to identify opportunities to improve our products, build and improve tooling, and otherwise prevent or simplify future work
- Identify and fix communication breakdowns, operational inefficiencies, and other factors that prevent the Member Experience team from being a well-oiled machine
- Level up and support operational managers so that they can effectively ensure high standards of service
- Rapidly scale the team using a combination of local hires and outsourcing
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in designing, building, and leading support organizations that customers rave about
- A knack for seeing how to make something better, and the resourcefulness to execute on those insights consistently
- Strong sense of ownership and a “whatever it takes” attitude towards getting stuff done
- Expert knowledge of common customer experience platforms such as Help Scout, Olark, and Zendesk
- A natural, deep curiosity that drives you to learn, investigate, and constantly ask why
- A strong growth mindset and an appetite for being constantly pushed beyond your comfort zone
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.