Director, Global Deal Desk & Order Management
Director, Global Deal Desk and Order Management
We are looking for a customer-centric attitude and appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast paced environment. The desired candidate will thrive in environments where uncertainty is common and is skilled in bridging business and sales needs. You will play a key role in working with cross functional teams to build our Order Management team for efficiency and scale. You will provide leadership and guidance to the team in structuring deals and driving process improvements. You will work cross-functionally as a trusted advisor to Sales, Sales Leadership, Finance, Systems and Legal.
What you'll do:
- Manage the Order Management and Order Pricing teams to construct deal winning offers and an efficient Order to Close process
- Owning and managing commercial contract development in partnership with Sales, Legal, Accounting and Finance teams and driving consensus to meet deadlines
- Maintaining a holistic view of a deal during contract negotiations; driving internal stakeholder discussions and alignment on customer concerns or key business issues that arise during negotiations
- Partnering with Sales Operations and Systems to drive process improvements and automation
- Collaborating with sales leadership and sales representatives to develop pricing strategies, dynamic Excel models, and terms sheets as part of the proposal building process primarily for large enterprise and strategic accounts
- Supporting Sales Representatives on contract objection-handling techniques, alternative contract options, and value propositioning to help close deals
- Developing tools that help the Sales team effectively price and structure deals while managing to certain business metrics and requirements
- Be a sales-facing, or occasionally customer-facing, subject matter expert on deal structuring, processes, and policies
What we're looking for:
- 6-10 years of experience overall. Relevant experience in deal desk, deal structuring or equivalent deal desk sales operations roles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, Systems and drive consensus to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze, model and recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, and business situations; quantitative experience required
- Strong knowledge of end to end Quote to Cash Process, including experience with Salesforce and/or Zuora preferred
- Strong organizational and execution skills and ability to manage competing priorities
- Strong understanding of software revenue recognition issues, including revenue recognition under 606
- Elaborate understanding of contractual terms in software agreements and comfortable reading legal contract language
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel and prior experience with modeling and analysis preferred
- Ability to drive rapid, but fact-based decision-making with imperfect data
- Ability to manage multiple variables / levers, and toggle approach within defined parameters based on customer needs and business objectives
- Strong negotiations and influencing skills with experience supporting customer negotiations / contract development is preferred
- Clear and thoughtful communicator with exceptional critical thinking skills
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.