Director Customer Operations
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Leads and directs the Customer Operations Team. The Director will provide leadership to the group in terms of day to day service delivery and performance, analytics, training and cross-training, mentoring and overall development. This role will require a balance of hands-on execution and prioritization of day to day work, analytics and planning and delivery. This includes order entry and order management for retail and non-retail accounts to on time and complete delivery of finished goods at destination. To create and maintain an exceptional interface with all retail and non-retail partners for all matters relating to the customer operations and distribution business processes. To build exceptional working relationships between UMG, Labels, 3PL providers and our customers.
Managing distribution partner relationships and participating in ongoing process improvement. This includes ownership of Key Performance Indicators and driving improvement results. Managing implementation projects. Responsible for leading and participating in internal and external projects implementing new Supply Chain Solutions and Performance Improvement initiatives. Business planning. Development and management of departmental budgets, short, medium, and long-term planning and monitoring cost to serve metrics and performance.
Team Leadership and Supervision
Supervision and ownership of the Customer Operations Team. Overall leadership, mentorship, and development of the team. Assign, supervise, and approve work as well as providing feedback and guidance as required.
- Sales Order management. Order entry for all manual processes and order flow management for EDI and other orders
- Manage the New Release Order Management process to ensure on time and complete delivery to all accounts in time for Release dates.
- Manage the catalog and campaign order management processes. Work closely with Catalog Inventory management team to improve inventory planning processes to maximize order fill rates and on time delivery
- Manage and direct the order fulfilment processes for all non-retail accounts, including orders from the UMG Labels for product to support special events, artist tours and signings
- Manage the import/export process and accuracy of documentation
- Manage all Value-added process (VAS) working closely with our UMG Distribution partner
- Ensure accurate billing for all specialized services and exceptions
Retail and Label Communication
- Manage all Customer relations, inquiries and resolution
- Understanding all Customers' expectations and exceptions. Communicate customer requirements throughout the business in line with service level agreements and UMG vision.
- Communicate pro-actively and reactively with customers and UMG Commercial teams as circumstances dictate and change
- Provide continuous focus on Key Accounts in terms of Order Management, Retail compliance, Performance requirements and improvement
- Coordination and management of product releases and adherence to approved order management, distribution, and transportation plans
Reporting & Analysis
- Produce management and customer reports as required
- Co-ordinate and provide feedback on business measures and KPI reporting aligned with Service Level Agreements
- Responsible for creating and maintaining project tracking report containing all current project statuses. Responsible for providing other ad hoc management reports on request
- Manage the Distribution Service provider relationship and performance
- Manage other UMG's vendors providing services and products impacting UMG accounts. Management of these accounts includes establishing priorities, evaluating performance and service levels, such as, on-time performance, pricing discrepancies, shipping accuracy, invoicing accuracy, overall service delivery
Process, System Improvement & Transformation
- Continuous improvement of processes, work instructions and service levels
- Assists with the development of processes, system enhancements, and reports (e.g., Key Performance Indicators (KPI), statistical and trends reports) to facilitate improvement in the execution of responsibilities.
- High energy, motivational and inspirational personality. Ability to lead and inspire the Customer Operations team in a positive and constructive manner and collaborate in the same way with internal and external colleagues
- Service delivery orientation. Proactively serve and constructively respond to external client needs in order to meet business priorities
- Must have the ability and resilience to work in a fast paced and time sensitive environment
- Must be able to multi task and "think on your feet" by developing process models and contingency plans
- Collaborate constructively and effectively with all levels within and outside the organization orally and in writing
- Ability to provide structure and effective Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs)
- Attention to detail
- Manage conflict, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple stakeholders
- End to end supply chain knowledge with the ability to promote an environment of continuous improvement
- Must have effective communication, negotiating, management, leadership, planning, training, analytical, issue resolution, system evaluation, follow-up skills
- Required: English.
- Any other language is an asset
- Minimum of 5 years in a customer service operations delivery or customer facing role, of which at least 3 years of this in a Managerial and Supervisory capacity. This experience would ideally have been gained within the distribution sector of the Entertainment or Consumer Products industry.
- End to end Supply Chain Domain knowledge and experience with emphasis on Order to Cash processes
- Leadership and operations management experience
- Highly proficient in Microsoft software packages with Excel being key
- B2B communication and relationship management experience
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Administration and or equivalent work experience or professional qualification
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.