Director, Clinical Operations
Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce healthcare costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue by improving care and lowering costs.
Our initial team of 40 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Amazon, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, Google, Cityblock Health, Appnexus, The New York Times, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
We’re looking for a Director of Clinical Operations who can help us turn our clinical vision, a pillar of our approach, into a reality. The Director will need to partner both internally and externally to ensure our successful launch 2021.
About the role:
- Design and prepare company for implementation of clinical model
- Serve as project lead to build and implement strategic initiatives surrounding clinical services
- Lead cross-functional teams to translate clinical goals into operational and product requirements and workflows that meet regulatory requirements
- Develop and implement processes, training, tools, and KPIs for growing clinical team
- Develop an in-depth understanding of and track regulatory and quality requirements applicable to our processes and initiatives
- Own creation and documentation of clinical team materials and processes, such as playbooks, manuals, training, audits and quality reporting
- Build meaningful and scalable processes. Identify and execute on improvement opportunities for the processes you own
- Own the financial and operational success of the clinical services team
- Inspire, empower, and develop other team members
- Bachelor's degree, master’s in relevant field preferred
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience, preferably in a healthcare or consulting field
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills. You bring everyone together using clear communication and structured thinking. You possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Medicare operations, ideally Part D, and thorough understanding of Medicare payment and value drivers
- Demonstrated experience growing and leading successful teams
- Comfortable leading a team that is scaling within a high growth business.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment with limited resources - start-up experience a plus!
- Sense of humor and humility
- Willingness to relocate to Los Angeles (if living elsewhere)