Director, Charger Growth
Bird is a last-mile electric vehicle sharing company dedicated to bringing safe, low-cost, environmentally-friendly transportation solutions to communities across the world. We provide a fleet of electric, shared scooters that can be accessed via smartphone. Bird is headquartered in Venice, California and is rapidly expanding across the country and the world.
The Director of Charger Growth will lead growth initiatives for Bird’s chargers. The team is data-driven and results focused. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical, analytical, and product background – with a hunger to make products grow.
You will have a bias towards experimentation and innovation to continue to identify new acquisition channels, while optimizing conversion. You will scale our efforts in our core markets and internationally. You will be in charge of leading the Growth vision, strategies and teams necessary to accomplish our goals. To excel in this role you must have an excellent understanding of how to scale a global gig economy business, working across product, operations, marketing, and technology. You will lead cross-functional teams both internally and externally, allowing Bird to determine and prioritize key growth strategies and activities.
What You'll Do
- Drive the growth strategy for acquiring new chargers - identify and size future opportunities by developing a broad portfolio of growth ideas to implement through various market tests
- Develop a deep understanding of business drivers. Proactively identify strategic questions that are critical to the success of the business and address through quantitative analysis and problem solving
- Test what works and scale it. Be responsible for measurement and reporting of all in-market tests you own, including iterating and optimization
- Work closely with product, creative, and your own growth teams to increase conversion while creating a holistic retention strategy to keep our chargers engaged and happy
- Implement pricing, packaging, and promotional strategies and work with the product team to implement the best platform
What You'll Need
- 10+ years experience, specific to growth/customer acquisition or strategy consulting
- Proven track record of collaborating with and leading cross-functional groups to produce results
- Strong collaborator at the leadership level while also being comfortable doing the day to day blocking and tackling work required to scale the organization
- Demonstrated success scaling a growth team across all functions and creating the systems and processes for setting strategy, planning and ongoing execution
- Deep experience managing an iterative, test and learn approach to driving growth via structured experimentation
- Foster a culture aimed at accountability, employee engagement, continuous improvement and empowerment to fully utilize all tools and talent to meet the needs of the customers and the business objectives of the organization
- Problem solving experience, quantitative approach, and experience in solving business problems
- Proven experience in driving and executing global projects
- Demonstrated experience driving solutions through Product and Engineering
Bird Rides Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer, and we welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics. We are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Read Full Job Description