Director, Business Operations at Deluxe Entertainment
Director, Business Operations
Deluxe Entertainment Services Inc. is a global leader in media and entertainment services for film, video and online content, from capture to consumption. Since 1915, Deluxe has been the trusted partner for the world’s most successful Hollywood studios, independent film companies, TV networks, exhibitors, advertisers and others, offering best-in-class solutions in production, post-production, distribution, asset and workflow management, and new digital solution-based technologies.
With operations in Los Angeles, New York and around the globe, the company employs over 8,600 of the most talented, highly honored and recognized artists and industry veterans worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a temporary Director, Business Operations. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
The Digital Distribution Group (DDG) within Deluxe One produces file-based digital products for Content Owners and delivers product packages to a wide range of domestic and international distributors including large-scale aggregators, broadcasters, Internet distributors and others. DDG encompasses the Encode, Edit, Transcode, QC, Packaging and Delivery of file-based products, providing an end-to-end digital solution that can handle almost any incoming format and deliver to almost any target file format.
The Director, Business Operations will oversee and manage multiple digital supply chain customer accounts. They will ensure that all contractual and SOW requirements are being met as new customers are onboarded into the One Platform. They will manage operations reports and billing processes for customers, as well as identify problems and provide expertise on problem-solving and immediate solutions for deliveries of product and invoicing of services. Additionally, they will create and update documentation for rates and services for our customers.
- Interface with key stakeholders to define and drive digital supply chain process improvements to successfully and rapidly deploy end to end content fulfillment automation on the One platform.
- Assess current workflows and identify key areas of transformation to enable end to end automation on One platform.
- Review and upgrade operating policies, procedures, and standards that will ensure the company maintains maximum competitive advantage.
- Streamline workflows for the migration of existing clients and the onboarding of new clients to the One platform.
- Develop key operational metrics allowing for analysis-based decision making and workflow optimization.
- Collaborate with Product Owners & Developers to define and scope system functionality to enable end to end automation.
- Identify & immediately escalate roadblocks to end to end automation to management for review.
- Work with Management to manage, prioritize, and execute business initiatives and projects.
- Minimum 10 years of operations experience including content fulfilment, digital workflows, asset and data management systems.
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
- Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated success building processes that enabled a business to rapidly scale and support aggressive growth.
- Track record of using data and metrics to identify opportunities and achieve results.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in large-scale digital media services, with deep expertise in content distribution technology.
- An analytical thinker and problem solver who fosters fact-based arguments.
- Ability to provide and receive straightforward feedback.
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.