Digital QC Packaging Manager
Work closely and collaborate with the Manager, organize, / operations and assist in the overall daily administration of a diverse organization. Management of QC, overseeing the operator who are responsible for technical evaluation of content. Provide day-to-day support and direction for the operator with other departments and client services.
• Provide supervision, direction, and leadership for a variety of internal operational activities (including staff and process development,
• Will manage department responsible for QC evaluation of material for subsequent releases.
• Keep QC checklists/verification forms up-to-date at all times. Creation and verification of XML documents for multiple vendors on a per order basis. Packaging of metadata, artwork and physical elements per unique vendor specifications.
• Optimizing Technical workflows and procedures.
• Direct coordination with departmental Manager.
• Representation of the QC department to other Deluxe departments or facilities.
• Creation and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedure documentation for all workflows.
• Initiate, provide the vision, and manage the successful execution of many high-level division projects.
• Will work on daily administration duties (examples include leading meetings, resolving Technical issues,).
• Will provide a daily planning support to the Manager and drive various operations and staff development programs (help develop divisional goals, objectives, policies, skills tracker and training, procedures and plan, organize and direct the activities of the division).
• Will also manage complex division projects and lead teams to complete projects in a successful and timely manner.
• Will be responsible for driving operating consistency and coordination between business units, managing the integration process for mergers/acquisitions and new business startups.
• Work very closely with the Onboarding team to develop and implement new work flows for automation and efficiency.
• Support department Managers and client services.
• Oversee/Supervise all big launches. Ensure all support parties are engaged.
• Work closely with Engineering / Prod-it for hardware/software needs.
• Prepare CARs for Deluxe caused rejections.
• Manage capacity constrains and present solution to meet OTD.
• Work with Research and Development team to test and implement proprietary tools.
• Provide supervision, direction, and leadership for a variety of internal operational activities.
• Utilize and monitor production database, inputting data as necessary to track progress.
• Operation of computer systems with various operational tools and data management software.
• Follow data management procedures to ensure all team members can access accurate and timely information on element status, location and history.
• Maintain extensive, current and accurate understanding of all work-in-progress initiated in the Technical department.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Maintain a positive team relationship through both written and verbal communication, as well as accurately fulfilling needs and resolving problems accurately, on time, with high-quality.
• Creation, maintenance and distribution of standard operating procedure documentation.
• Workflow analysis and optimization.
• Creation, maintenance and distribution of training documentation and training sessions with QC operators.
• Creation, maintenance and distribution of quality control documentation and policies.
• Testing new tools, workflow procedures or processes before integration into the Technical department.
• Possess thorough understanding and working knowledge of the main systems used daily; Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) XML editors, and other web based programs (DL3, HAL, OPC) used to perform job daily.
• Provide timely accurate, professional and responsive support, verbally and via email, to internal and external customer/clients to resolve all issues reported and take proactive steps to prevent the conflict/problem from reoccurring.
• Manage staff to ensure accurate hand-off/transitions to the oncoming associates regarding hot issues. The information must be clear and concise with any additional details highlighted in notes in order and/or incident.
• Responsible for updating and reporting problems that rise within QC by communicating via creating or updating incidents and email advisement. This involves problem solving through precise documentation and effective follow up.
• Ability to generate required reports from the Deluxe systems as well as read and interpret information.
• Communicate problems and solutions. Must have ability to make sound judgment when dealing with exceptions, distressed deliveries and must have the skill to determine action to be taken that is appropriate for the situation; must be able to prioritize instantly to prevent late deliveries.
• Provide feedback and suggestions to management for improvements and system enhancements.
Leadership and Influence
• Describes the impact this role has on the company and organization strategy, work methods, decision making and results
• Maintain a high level of confidentiality of Deluxe and customer/client sensitive information
• Must be organized, reliable, conscientious, flexible, and skilled at multi-tasking, work effectively under pressure and possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must demonstrate positive attitude, able to handle self professionally in a high stress situation, project self as a team player.
• Possess strong decision making and problem solving skills.
• Weekly reporting OTD
• Weekly reporting Error rates
• Weekly reporting Operator Output
• Weekly health of the department
Deluxe’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.