Digital Account Director
Here at Wpromote, one of the nation’s leading digital marketing firms, we invite you to “Think Like A Challenger” and push our clients to take on the 800 lb. gorillas of their industries. Our crew of 300+ digital marketeers breathes in marketing and exhales ROI, and we challenge our clients and ourselves each and every day to surpass yesterday’s expectations! Our award-winning campaigns have helped hundreds of companies from startups to Fortune 500 brands thrive. If you’ve heard of Marriott, Verizon, Papyrus, TOMS, Wienerschnitzel, or Zenni Optical, you’ve heard of our clients. And we want you to join us in making our clients even better.
If you’re not already convinced, our amazing perks have made us one of the Best Places to Work in the US two years running according to Ad Age, and one of Los Angeles’ best places to work 5 years in a row. Here’s why:
- 80% coverage of basic medical, vision, and dental insurance.
- Traditional 401k and/or Roth 401k matching.
- Quarterly team social events, birthday celebrations, chili cook offs, holiday half days and summer half day Fridays, and more.
- Yoga sessions two times a week to help you de-stress and recharge. Stretch it off; it’s the new norm.
- Generous PTO and an innovative Work From Anywhere policy that gives our employees freedom to stretch their wings - and catch the cable guy.
- Coffee, tea, juice, and cereal. A vending machine that has every snack imaginable.
- Fresh fruit Mondays, Veggie Tuesdays, Yogurt Wednesdays, Throwdown Thursdays, and Bagel Fridays!
- Dog friendly office. Seriously.
- Beautifully designed and modern office: standing desks, outdoor seating, courtyard, and breakout rooms.
- Break time: ping-pong, shuffleboard, and Bocce ball. Any time is break time.
- But wait, we have more! We have electric full body massage chairs so you can work while getting a massage.
We’re looking for a Strategic Account Director to join our nimble and growing Strategy team that is helping to lead the way for our clients and company alike. The selected candidate will report directly to the VP of Strategy, and will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with some of Wpromote’s most important integrated digital marketing accounts. Coordinating the involvement of personnel across departments like creative, paid search, social media, and email, you’ll be ensuring exceptional end-to-end client experiences. Retention and growth of your assigned book of business are the main performance KPIs for the role. Problem solving is crucial; communicating urgency to your client and reassuring the client we understand their business is at the core of your position.
Some of our Strategy clients include Z Gallerie, Zenni Optical, Shutterstock, Papyrus, and Charming Charlie. While we expect you to come in the door with extensive experience in online advertising and the marketing landscape, we’ll complement and extend your existing knowledge with continual, on-the-job training and make you into a go-to digital strategy expert. You’ll need to have outstanding analytical, quantitative, communication, and time management skills to keep up with this small but fast-paced and quickly expanding department. Creative, self-motivated problem solvers who read situations quickly and take proactive steps to remedy potential conflict will be welcomed with open arms.
If all this sounds like you, read on!
You Will Be
- Proactively lead strategic account planning process with executive stakeholders from the customer teams that develop mutual performance objectives, targets, and critical milestones.
- Meeting targets and goals for profitable contract renewals, client referrals, service adoptions, and growth objectives in assigned accounts.
- Establishing productive, professional relationships with key client personnel.
- The expert on all aspects of the relationship with the customer.
- Routinely assess, clarify, and validate customer needs, as well as lead solution development efforts that best address those needs.
- Achieving customer objectives as defined by client’s management team.
- Completing customer account plans while maintaining customer satisfaction ratings that meet company standards.
- Vetting and analyzing new and existing vendors or partners, conduct ongoing research in areas of growth opportunity, and make strategic decisions across all channels daily.
You Must Have
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of strategic, B2B sales, and/or account management experience in digital marketing, more specifically search marketing, preferable.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and project management solutions such as Asana and Basecamp are required. Experience with Google AdWords/Bing Ads, Facebook Exchange, BrightEdge, Bronto, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, and Google Apps would be a plus.
- Experience navigating complex organizational environments.
- Ability to identify and communicate with multiple constituencies and decision-makers.
- Proven experience engaging clients through professional investigative techniques to understand clients’ needs, discover new opportunities, and overcome challenges.
- Understanding of industry trends and how those affect customers’ business/vertical.
- Demonstrated ability to understand monetization metrics and apply these to potential optimizations.
- Worked on significant and unique issues where analysis of situation or data required an evaluation of intangibles.
- Broad understanding of online advertising (i.e. ad serving, ad exchanges, ad networks) and of key platforms and trends (i.e. desktop, mobile, video).
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Business travel is required up to 25%
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E Verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.