Developer Support Engineer at Procore Technologies
We’re looking for a Developer Support Engineer to assist our R&D teams through the integration lifecycle. In this role, you’ll successfully enable Procore’s transition from Product to Platform by helping third-party developers, clients and systems integrators to efficiently build, deploy, support, and monitor their integrations to redefine the Construction Industry.
As a Developer Support Engineer, you’ll work closely with R&D teams to improve our API by sharing feedback, engaging in API designs, and testing new features. This role is ideal for technical people who love to collaborate, advocate, and champion third-party developers and their interests.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a passion for technology and creative problem-solving. You’re self-reliant and work well individually on projects but also within groups and team settings. And you’re able to improvise and use reason to provide innovative solutions to challenging problems.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You'll Do
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for developers building on the Procore platform: API capabilities, integrations, troubleshooting issues, and more
- Manage technical and product issues and escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Engage with the product and engineering teams to help build, drive and improve our tools, processes, API and developer experience
- Participate in a Technical Services team that is committed to delivering efficient, powerful solutions to customers and developers.
- Contribute to API design, developer experience and documentation of our APIs
- Help build a strong developer community, collaborating on client communications and promoting our APIs
What We’re Looking For:
- 1-2 years experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics or graduation from Technical School
- General understanding of web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST)
- Programming experience and general knowledge of SQL; development experience with Ruby on Rails is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to conduct client-facing communication and is comfortable bringing valuable insights to client meetings, and prioritizing or escalating customer issues as required
- Ability to teach non-technical customers/other team members about APIs and integrations
- Project and task-oriented with a focus on details
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.