Desktop Support Specialist at Zwift
Who we are:
We are the fitness company born from gaming. And we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. We make an at home training game that connects cyclists and runners with each other around the world. Launched from the sunny beaches of Long Beach, CA., the Zwift community is active in 195 countries and growing. We’re endlessly positive, relentlessly inventive, and always looking to improve. Sound interesting?
Who we are looking for:
As a Desktop Support Specialist, you'll provide world-class tech support to fellow Watopians in a complex environment that moves at a lightning fast pace. You‘ll work independently, anticipating and responding to the needs of Watopians in technical distress. Your suite of tech-savvy skills will enable you to profile, build, procure, and install approved SW/HW, diagnose any emergent hardware and software ailments, and maintain the equipment Watopians use in their day to day work.
Your communication skills and friendly personality should set a Watopians mind at ease, knowing that they are in the right hands to fix their technical problems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Be the owner of IT: investigate, troubleshoot, and fix problems when needed; utilize IT systems and procedures to continuously improve service methodology.
- Maintain, inventory, troubleshoot and repair computing infrastructure and hardware including printers, workstations, switches, Wifi and VPN.
- Communicate with the team, including leadership, to provide key problem status updates and ensure compliance with Zwift standards and security/compliance policies.
- Work with your peers in our Long Beach HQ to grow and evolve our current systems and tools, improving efficiency and collaboration between Watopians globally.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or have 2+ years IT experience with a wide range of technology.
- Experience managing VPN, telecommunications, VoIP, and video conferencing.
- Experience with Google Apps Suite Administration.
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining Windows and OSX.
- Extremely customer-service oriented.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as Jira Service Desk or similar service desk software.
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs.
- Strong time management and organization skills; able to prioritize multiple requests effectively and autonomously.
- Displays a passion for improving systems, process-building, and documentation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to anticipate problems before they arise and take preventive action or escalate recommendations appropriately.
- Demonstrated alignment with Zwift’s mission, values, and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Scripting or coding experience a plus.
Top 5 Reasons We Think You’ll Love It Here
- Awesome team of diverse individuals that love what they do
- Full benefits package
- Great employee fitness program
- Amazing office location on the 18th floor with a killer view
- Did we mention that we ride bikes and run at work?
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer