Demand and Supply Planning Manager at Golden Hippo
Golden Hippo is a young, growing digital marketing company committed to helping everyone live their healthiest life. We create cutting edge health, wellness, and beauty products and work tirelessly to get them into the hands of the people who need them most - our customers. We're growing fast, but our core values remain the same as when we were founded in 2010.
Golden Hippo is currently looking for a Demand and Supply Planning Manager who will be responsible for leading the Demand and Supply Planning (including process, people and technology) function in our organization to bring maximum value. The Manager will oversee Demand forecasting, management of finished goods production planning at co-manufacturing partners, the deployment planning for all inventory, and the management of finished goods inventory coverage at the warehouse level.
HERE IS WHAT WE OFFER YOU
At Golden Hippo you have a chance to make an impact. You will have the opportunity to be creative, take initiative and grow. A career at Golden Hippo is more than just a job. It's the chance to work among friends every day, to work and play hard, and to see the results of your work firsthand. We work in a lively, laid back work environment with a fully stocked kitchen for our employees to use. We also offer:
- Competitive salary (DOE)
- Employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, life)
- Matching 401K plan
- In-office CrossFit gym with professional coaches
- Yoga and meditation breaks
- Casual, "no dress code" atmosphere and an open office space
- Highly interactive work with a talented, passionate team
- UNLIMITED room for growth and results-based pay increases
WHAT YOUR DAY IS LIKE
- Develop and maintain demand and supply programs to ensure supply of finished good items to satisfy fill rates and maintain target inventory levels.
- Maintain and improve analytical tools and processes to support Demand and Supply Planning objectives
- Drive and lead the implementation of planning software in support of business objectives
- Drive, promote and develop positive communication with cross functional teams in support of team and company objectives
- Successfully lead direct report team to efficiently and effectively communicate with co-manufacturing partners of supply needs and any changes to production requirements
- Weekly understanding of finished good production, inventory on hand, orders in transit and customer orders
- Support and provide leadership for product expiration process to minimize forecast/production related product write offs
- Work within Supply Chain team and with cross-functional partners to successfully execute launch of new items
- Develop strategy and build processes while overseeing day to day work of the team.
- Serve as a strong leader for direct report team in support of achieving business and individual career objectives
- Serve as valuable contributor to Supply Chain leadership team bringing thought leadership and supporting the success of the overall team.
BEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE
- BA/BS in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Engineering or other related field required*
- MBA, MA in Supply Chain/ Logistics preferred
- 3-5+ years leading and managing teams in a similar environment
- 10-15 years related experience in the Food, nutrition and/ or beauty industry preferred
- Certified in Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology preferred
- Excellent relationship Building skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Continuous Improvement mindset
- Adaptable and Flexible in a fast paced environment
- Strong technical skills (ERP /WMS)
Golden Hippo is always looking for smart, driven self-starters who are excited to build a place for themselves in one of the most fun, exciting companies in Los Angeles. If you thrive on community and communication, learning from your failures, and embracing the unexpected, Golden Hippo just might be the place for you.
Golden Hippo Company Culture Highlights:
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company in Los Angeles 2019
- Winner of Comparably's Award for Best Company Happiness 2018
- Golden Hippo is ranked in the top 5% of companies for Work Culture on Comparably.
Check us out on Comparably: https://www.comparably.com/companies/golden-hippo