Data Support Analyst at The Trade Desk
The Trade Desk is changing the way global brands and their agencies advertise to audiences around the world. How? With a media-buying platform that helps brands deliver a more insightful and relevant ad experience for consumers — and sets a new standard for global reach, accuracy, and transparency.
So if you’re talented, driven, creative, and hungry to bring something entirely new and wildly ambitious into the world (and have some fun doing it), then we want to talk.
The Trade Desk Data Support team is looking for individuals ready for a challenge, ready to learn every day and make a difference in a quickly growing industry. We seek individuals who get excited to dive into the nuances of this nascent market to help us and our clients develop more efficient optimization methods. We want individuals who are motivated by using data-driven solutions to support client efforts to effectively buy advertising through The Trade Desk’s cutting edge platform. The Support team works closely with the Account Management team to address complex questions and requests and to identify areas for improvement.
We’re looking for someone who is enthusiastic about new technology, has not only the existing technical skills to be successful but also the acumen to learn even more; you’ll never run out of things to learn here. You’re comfortable being a mediator between account and technology teams, helping both reach solutions on high-priority technical issues.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Create and manage systems/ processes of datafication
• Generate new data segments from internal data sets
• Managing our internal taxonomy for data segments
• Collaborate with Software Engineers and Data Scientists in building and testing prototypes for margin generating products
• Create custom data segments for clients
• Manage and create reports related to team performance and data entry tracking
• Managing & prioritizing inventory for datafication
• Set up and manage checks and balances in data entry process
• Managing and automating refreshing of data segments
• Run and automate scheduled scripts for data creation
• Responsible for accuracy of processes and data creation
• Maintain categorizations of data segments inside our DMP
WHO YOU ARE:
• BS degree in related field and 2 - 4 years of related experience.
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Data Support, engineers, data science, business facing roles and others, in a fast-paced start-up environment
• Ability to think creatively and analytically to solve problems by creating new processes, data sets, documentation, etc.
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and time management skills
• Proven experience and ability to develop complex SQL queries and reports from scratch. Business experience with SQL preferred.
• Ability to manipulate and draw insights from extremely large datasets with minimal support
• Experience in Excel and MS Office, including pivot tables, chart-making, and manipulation of large data sets
• Experience in Python, running and/or writing scripts in an academic or business setting preferred
• Hands-on expertise with SQL Server & DB Visualizer or an equivalent, data warehouse methodologies / practices - experience with Qubole, AWS, and/or Hadoop preferred
• Multi-lingual is a plus
• Skills in JSON, Spark, API integrations, and/or R knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge of RTB, DSPs, ad exchanges, aggregators, ad servers preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year university or relevant substitute experience preferred #LI-TP1
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.