Customer Support Representative
Greater LA Area
Do you have a passion for building meaningful relationships with your clients? Do you aspire to be a part of a team that leaves it all on the field in the name of customer service? If so, this may be your next opportunity! We’re looking for a highly-motivated Customer Support Representative who is relentless in helping customers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
About the Team:
At ChowNow we are driven by one purpose: to provide restaurants with the tools needed to compete in an increasingly technical world. Our products help restaurants get online quickly and easily so they can maintain direct relationships with their customers. As the world evolves and new technology platforms emerge, we will be there to help our restaurant clients stay up to speed online.
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
Customer Support plays an indispensable role in our success as a company. As a Customer Support Rep, you are the voice of ChowNow, helping our restaurants and diners have a positive experience via the phone, email, and our online chat feature. You must be calm, caring and compassionate, and have a strong sense of empathy in difficult situations. Specifically, you are responsible for processing 1,000 tickets per month and maintaining high-quality scores.
Within 1 Month, you'll:
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp. Learn about ChowNow and about the restaurant industry, gaining an understanding of our product and our customers.
- Complete all scheduled pieces of training with CS Managers and other ChowNow trainers to learn how to use all internal tools and how each of the features of the product work, including basic features as well as all add-on features.
- Solve your first 300 email and inbound call cases. Learn from our CS Managers to prioritize incoming customer inquiries, and the process to escalate as necessary to internal teams.
Within 3 Months, you'll:
- Consistently handle customer inquiries within set SLAs.
- Prioritize and escalate issues in way that focuses on the most critical customer needs.
- Successfully graduate our product training course to be able to explain product feature and best practices for how to use them.
Within 6 Months, you'll:
- Be eligible to participate in the CS Badging Program, which is a way to become an expert in different areas within ChowNow. Once you have a badge, you will be the go-to person in CS to handle internal escalations around your badge topic.
Within 12 Months, you'll:
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Customer Support processes; assess results and refine.
- Assist in training new CSRs through shadowing sessions and coaching on best practices.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Competitive Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
ChowNow is committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. ChowNow will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Read Full Job Description