Customer Service Specialist (Remote) at Clutter
Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 750+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
At Clutter, we're fortunate to be providing a consumer value proposition that people love and one that makes economic sense - a true product/market fit that few startups ever find. To deliver on our promise to consumers, team members and investors, we're focused on hiring, training and retaining exceptional individuals. This means that we have a very thorough interview process and maintain high performance expectations, but we'll always be transparent with you and respectful of your time.
The ultimate problem-solvers and adaptable to any situation, our Customer Service Specialists are responsible for the customer’s journey and will manage sensitive issues with poise and professionalism. We are looking for resilient Customer Care Specialists to join this collaborative, fully remote team. Team members can be based anywhere in CA, NY, NJ, FL, WA, OR, or IL.
What you get:
- $20.00 per hour starting pay
- Schedules - Five 8-hour shifts per week + a 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Shifts can start as early at 5am PST and run until as late as 5:30pm PST. Our team operates 7 days a week, and there is potential for overtime as needed.
- Stock Options - Own a piece of this Google-backed tech start-up
- Full Health Benefits for you and your family (Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- Equipment - A Mac laptop and headset for work usage
- Monthly internet stipend
- Flexibility to work remotely from any state where we currently operate (CA, NY, NJ, FL, WA, OR, IL)
What you'll do:
- Become the resident expert on the Clutter platform, processes, and policies
- Use framing and positive language to address customer complaints over the phone and via email
- Use good judgement and strong communication skills to ensure escalations are solved on the first contact
- Quickly respond to customer inquiries to ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Work cross-functionally with other departments to prioritize, coordinate and apply resources as needed
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree from a university preferred
- Availability to work on weekends required
- High speed Internet connection required
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar, customer-facing role
- Consistent track record of success
- Passion for technology and respect for the process
- Self-starter, possesses flexibility to work in a fast-changing environment with flexible shifts and ambiguous situations
- Strong communicator who enjoy building rapport with customers and resolving complaints
- Experience or understanding of how to work and collaborate with a remote, distributed team