Customer Service Manager - Saatchi Art at Leaf Group
Saatchi Art is looking for a Customer Service Manager to lead our best-in-class art buyers’ service team from our Santa Monica office.
Saatchi Art is the world’s leading online art gallery, established with the goal of helping people all over the world connect with art and artists they love. We offer an unparalleled selection of paintings, drawings, sculpture, and photography in a wide range of prices, and provide artists worldwide with an expertly curated environment in which to exhibit and sell their work. Based in Los Angeles, Saatchi Art is redefining the experience of buying and selling art, making it welcoming and accessible for artists and collectors alike. Come help us support and transform the art world!
Saatchi Art is part of Leaf Group, a house of digital brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories, including Fitness & Wellness, Art & Design and Publishing. Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate, creative audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: General Manager, Saatchi Art
A typical day as the Customer Service Manager might include:
- Answering emails and phone calls from buyers and artists - in particular, be confident and detail-oriented with escalated and VIP customer cases.
- Monitoring orders daily to ensure fast and safe arrival, and to keep customers updated on the status of their order
- Manage a team of customer service professionals and their workflow. Be available to answer questions and advise them on a daily basis.
- Provide direction and leadership to the team.
- Forecast staffing and operations coverage needs based on current workload
- Improve processes in order to gain efficiencies across the CS organization
- Working with Operations, our Chief Curator, and Curatorial teammates to resolve complex and long-term order situations
- Alerting and working with our engineering and product teams to issues users are experiencing. Follow through to monitor the progress and resolution of those issues and communicate to the team on changes made.
- In much of the work above, you’ll partner with the Artist Service Manager to make sure the buyers team policies and workflow are compatible and productive with both teams.
Reporting & Monitoring
- Maintain, develop and report on KPIs and SLAs to ensure efficient and high quality operations and customer service.
- Monitor courier and shipping metrics to ensure on time delivery.
You’ll be successful if you like staying busy, helping people, and navigating a fast-changing, dynamic, exciting, collaborative environment. You must also be positive, patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative. Our service team puts themselves in their customers’ shoes, and advocates for buyers and artists when necessary.
What You Have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience professional experience running customer service teams, preferably in ecommerce
- Able to work a Monday – Friday work week, typically 9am-6pm (PST).
- Ability to handle stress to operate on deadlines
- Experience working with order fulfillment and shipping vendors
- Knowledge of the best ecommerce customer service practices and market trends
- Experience optimizing systems and SOPs in order to improve overall efficiency
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to multitask, while remaining focused on what’s truly top priority.
- Ability to to train and scale teams as needed for rapid demand and peak seasons
- Demonstrated ability to manage department costs and work to department goals
- Experience working with operations, product and engineering teams in resolving complex projects that affect the customer service team or customer experience.
- Experience using Zendesk - both operationally and in reporting, a big plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats - no job being too small or too large.
- We're casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.