Customer Operations - Senior OS at NEXT Trucking
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, Uber, Lyft, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
This is a player-coach role where you’d manage a team of Operations Specialists (temps) while also working alongside the team. We believe that the best way to understand the process and provide improvements is to work right there with the team.
You’ll work with a fast-paced, lean team where you will help to lead a team of Operations Specialists, work on process improvement for some of the company’s highest priority tasks, help suggest product improvement to our proprietary software by continuously providing feedback to our Product Team.
Analyze data and provide insights into the business. Work closely with internal departments to ensure timely and proper delivery of product through our NEXT app. Utilize proprietary software to track, update, and administrate shipments.
What You'll Do:
- To start, you’ll help manage our payments and billing team and processes - helping ensure we get our carriers paid and bill our shippers on time
- Lead a team of remote temps across a few timezones while working with our internal teams to ensure we’re meeting SLAs and constantly improving our internal processes
- Interface with internal teams like our Marketplace Operations, Accounting, and Product teams to ensure alignment on multiple tasks with varying levels of priority
- Work with the account management team to guarantee the highest levels of service are attained
- Collect data, analyze insights, and provide recommendations for key projects aimed at improving the Next operational team
- Cross-departmental collaboration with the Sales, Product, Engineering, and Onboarding teams to help build a seamless experience for our customers and carrier
- Ensure consistent and accurate data by maintaining master files and updating customer records
- Manage and act upon information across multiple platforms
- Be an internal and external escalation point for issues that arise during day to day operations
- Own and analyze metrics to gauge the health of the team and identify areas needing attention
- Recognize and help drive opportunities for continuous improvements within Operations and the Product
- Train new hires as needed, create and maintain SOPs, and ensure proper procedures and processes are adhered to
- Bachelor's degree required, 3-5 years of work experience preferred
- Experience leading or being a top performer in an Ops or Customer Support role at a high-growth start-up preferred
- Technologically proficient, curious, detail-oriented, organized, data-driven individuals
- A quick learner who is adaptable in a rapidly changing environment
- A problem solver with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well under pressure and make decisions where necessary
- Good social and presentation skills
- * Competitive Salary
- * Bonuses based on growth and achievements
- * Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits available
- * Join a rapidly growing tech company at a very early stage