Customer Experience Manager at JOANY
Greater LA Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 10:46 a.m. (PST) on Wednesday, July 17, 2019
JOANY is on a mission to make buying and using health insurance simple and transparent, with a level of service and experience that is unprecedented in this industry.
We are looking for an outstanding Customer Experience Manager.
About The Role
This position reports to the Director of Customer Experience. As Manager of Customer Experience, you will be directly responsible for delivering an experience our Customers can’t do without.
We love our customers and our approach to Customer Experience reflects it. We treat CX as a strategic, critical part of our product offering.
We need someone who raises the bar of excellence for how we do things. We need someone who is numbers-driven, without being numbers-obsessed. And we need someone who loves working with people, giving individual feedback and empowering a team. We’re not here to just take calls or answer emails– we’re here to help people, and make a real difference in their quality of life. We’re looking for a manager who is relentless about building something different, inspiring, and better.
Interested in the gig? Here's a bit about the role:
- Provide regular 1:1 candid feedback consistently to foster growth within our team.
- Oversee customer support via various channels: email, chat, social, phones and SMS.
- Collaborate with other teams and work cross-functionally to accomplish company-wide objectives.
- Innovate and look for ways to redefine the problem; think outside of the status quo in your search for solutions.
- Invest in your team. Trust that you are hiring talented people and set them loose on problems.
- Always fight for a better, smarter, more customer-friendly way of doing business. You can’t stand the way that other companies engage with their customers and you will strive to provide the best possible experience.
JOANY Culture: What we look for:
- Judgment. You identify root causes, and get beyond treating symptoms. You think strategically, and can articulate what you are (and are not) trying to do.
- Communication. You are concise and articulate in speech and writing. You listen well, instead of reacting fast, so you can better understand.
- Impact. You accomplish amazing amounts of important work. You focus on great results rather than on process.
- Selflessness. You are ego-less when searching for the best ideas. You make time to help colleagues.
- Innovation. You create new ideas that prove useful. You challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches.
- Courage. You say what you think even if it is controversial. You make tough decisions without excessive agonizing.
- Honesty. You are quick to admit mistakes. You only say things about fellow employees you will say to their face.
What you'll bring:
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a Customer Support Manager or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Additional experience with Training, Quality Assurance, Social Media, People or Operations Manager will be highly valued.
- Experience managing CRM and systems similar to Zendesk, Sprout Social, DialPad and Salesforce preferred.
- Exceptional emotional intelligence.
- Quantitative decision-making abilities.
- Clear track record of successfully operationalizing new initiatives.
- Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously, without losing sight of highest priority items.
- Strong technical, analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive decisions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup environment is desired.
What you'll get:
- Beautifully Designed Collaborative Space in DTLA
- Competitive Equity and Salary Packages
- Full Coverage Health + Dental Insurance
- Open Time Off
We are a data-driven company with the desire to change the status quo of health care. Together with a relentless focus on customer service, we aim to make health care transparent and easier to navigate. Be a part of something larger than ourselves by helping millions of people across the U.S. get health insurance they can actually use.
As an early-stage employee, you will be uniquely positioned to learn extensively while solving complex problems that are impactful to our customers and critical to our company’s success. Work with a team that values respect and emphasizes growth through mentorship rather than management. This is a great opportunity to demonstrate your skills to have a huge impact on the world. Your creative and technical expertise will directly help consumers across the U.S. get the care that they deserve.
JOANY is an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description