Customer Care Associate, Bilingual
Bilingual Customer Care Agent, supporting customers in Brazil
Sharp, Warm-hearted Problem Solver Wanted: Boingo Wireless is on the hunt for a Bilingual Tier II Customer Service Agent (English / Brazilian Portuguese) to join our fast paced and growing team. We are a cutting-edge technology company and a global leader in enhancing wireless access. Boingo not only develops Wi-Fi networks, but also enhances cell service in locations where throughput can be tricky. We also provide service support for the high-speed data broadband product and IPTV to our military customers. If you enjoy solving problems and presenting new solutions to customers, then this is the position for you. We offer a long-term opportunity, smart and friendly co-workers and great benefits. While we’re not your old school, rigid company, we do expect commitment, professionalism and a consistent positive attitude in addition to providing a world-class level of customer service. So if that sounds good to you, check the details of this position to determine if you’re a good fit and then give us a shout.
What does the job entail?
- Working with Boingo customers in Brazil - must speak fluent Brazilian Portuguese.
- Work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Promptly answer support related email, phone calls, chats and other electronic communications from customers of our Wi-Fi services in Brazil.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to help clients connect to Wi-Fi.
- Resolve customer service or billing complaints – process refunds, make account updates and adjustments, etc.
- Document service calls and transactions using our ticketing tool, recording details of inquiries, complaints, and comments, as well as actions taken.
- Generate tickets and process escalations through to resolution.
- Work in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills. Responsible for incident notifications and alerts (internal/external).
- Available to work some nights and weekends - required to work after hour and weekend shifts.
Do you have what it takes?
- Bilingual English / Brazilian Portuguese (must be fluent: reading, writing, speaking)
- Excited about working 1:00 pm – 10:00 pm Monday – Friday
- Excellent Customer service attitude, great communication skills.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- WI-FI Knowledge and tech savvy.
- Experienced in troubleshooting mobile and laptop hardware and software issues.
- Work with the technical staff and management to ensure issue resolution and customer satisfaction.
- Persistent and results focused – must be able to solve problems and deliver results.
- Microsoft Office Suite 2007 or 2010 (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint fluent user) Word.
- Experience following authority levels set forth in policy and procedure guidelines for customer refunds and adjustments.
- Quick study – able to adjust to change and pick up new concepts quickly.
- Ability to work late and weekend shifts.
- 1-3 years related experience.
- Some college experience preferred.
Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI) helps the world stay connected. Our vast footprint of Wi-Fi and cellular networks covers more than a million locations and reaches over a billion consumers annually – in places as varied as airports, stadiums, military bases, and multifamily communities. The Boingo platform drives revenue through various products, including Wi-Fi, DAS (cellular), Media, Wholesale, and more.
We’re an enthusiastic team, dedicated to growing our business by building amazing, valuable products. Boingo boasts a super-fun, collaborative work environment, with an annual pool tournament, Halloween costume contest, summer picnic, bowling nights, and more. There’s a kitchen stocked with yummy snacks and drinks, and a well-appointed new mother’s lounge. We offer an incredible benefits package, including unlimited vacation, parental leave, health, dental, vision, 401(k) match, equity, and more. And, our award-winning headquarters, located in Westwood, CA, has 360-degree views of LA, from Catalina to the Hollywood Sign. It’s no wonder we’ve been named among the Best Places to Work in LA four years in a row, and counting!
Boingo is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.