sweetgreen is on a mission to build healthier communities by connecting people to real food. We passionately believe that real food should be convenient and accessible to everyone. Every day in each sweetgreen, our 3,500 team members make food from scratch, using fresh ingredients and produce delivered that morning. And in our local communities, we’re committed to leaving people better than we found them. We’re in the business of feeding people, and we’re out to change what that means.
Serve as primary contact for inbound customer follow-ups to vet incident, provide remediation, assess crisis rating, and initiate internal action.
Develop, maintain, or implement business continuity and crisis recovery strategies and solutions, including risk assessments, business impact analyses, strategy selection, and documentation of business continuity and crisis recovery procedures. Plan, conduct, and debrief regular mock-crisis simulation to test the adequacy of existing plans and strategies, updating procedures and plans regularly. Act as a coordinator for continuity efforts after a disruption event
What you’ll lead:
- Conduct daily communication and follow-up on escalated customer incidents to both inform the business and win back guests.
- Establish process + systems to reduce first contact + total resolution response times on inbound reports and work with training team to implement.
- Improve documentation efforts so that all necessary information is captured and delivered to the appropriate stakeholders as quickly as possible and thoroughly archived for future reference.
- During a crisis, coordinate all necessary and appropriate functions across the company, including but not limited to stakeholders in Operations, Food Safety, PR, Brand, and IT.
- Approving all internal and external communications related to the issue and proactively developing communication kits for anticipated events in the business.
- Conduct monthly root-cause assessments of recent incidents with key stakeholders and determine relevant next steps to mitigate similar incidents in the future.
- Anticipate and flag emerging threats to our brand reputation and the sweetgreen community to the sweetgreen leadership team.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- You are an excellent communicator and an even better listener.
- You thrive under a fast-paced environment and are not fazed by the nature of high-pressure incidents.
- You have experience setting up customer-facing communications and internal processes to support customer satisfaction.
- You have incredible influence amongst your peers and can work both cross-functionally and on an individual level to both make it right with customers and drive the business forward.
- You can identify a problem, immediate next steps, and the complementary long-term solution—running both in parallel against conservative deadlines.
- You have a beginner’s mindset and constantly work on relationship-building and utilizing your partners to learn more information and improve your results.
- You have a high emotional intelligence, a deep empathy for customers and a no-judgement attitude
- 3-5 years in Crisis Management, Risk prevention, Customer Experience Manager, or Communications role.
- Proven-track record managing crisis response incidents
- Experience in process improvement
- Excellent written and verbal communication + presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads
- Proficient in customer service systems and ability to learn new technology
- Strong prioritization and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Passion for helping people and furthering the sweetgreen mission
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to set up a sustainable and impactful future-state of company’s crisis management function
- Bachelors Degree in Communications
What you'll get:
- Competitive pay + bonus plan granted based on performance
- Health, dental + vision insurance
- Flexible PTO, because we respect the need for work/life harmony
- An opportunity to make a real impact on the people around you, both by growing them and by connecting them to real food
- To live the sweetlife and celebrate your passion + purpose
- A collaborative family of people who live our core values and have your back
- A clear career path with opportunities for development, both personally and professionally
- Our annual Impact Retreat offsite
- Free sweetgreen swag
- Complimentary sweetgreen
Come join the sweetlife!
sweetgreen provides equal opportunities for everyone that works for us and everyone that applies to join our team, without regard to sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, any service, past, present, or future, in the uniformed services of the United States (military or veteran status), or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local law.
sweetgreen participates in the federal government's E-Verify program to determine employment eligibility. To learn more about the E-Verify program, please click here.