Coordinator, Touring and Special Events at Universal Music Group
Universal Music Group is seeking a Coordinator to join the Touring & Special Events team. This is a unique, multi-faceted position which administratively assists the Senior Manager of Touring and Special Events, as well as a department of 4 with operational support as needed. The ideal candidate will have strong day-to-day office skills including proficiency with Excel and Word. Knowledge of Ticketmaster, AXS, Vivid and StubHub is required. General knowledge of Master Tour and other touring apps a plus, including familiarity with the in-house VIP purchase systems used by Live Nation and AEG. The ideal candidate will have some experience working in tour ticketing or a venue box office and understand the basic concepts of ticket holds, buys and guest lists within the landscape of the music industry. Candidate should have a full understanding of the roles of booking agents, concert promoters and live music venues. This is an extremely fast paced detail-oriented department that requires resourcefulness, poise, a sense of humor, and the ability to work quickly, calmly and accurately under pressure and intense deadlines. Willingness to field emails and calls after hours is a requirement.
- The most critical function of this position will be assisting the Senior Manager, Touring and Special Events in placing ticket holds, executing buys and all communicating with finance team to ensure payments have been processed.
- Keeping all internal documents and shared drives updated with current ticket buy information.
- Closely track updates on all tours to ensure we have the most current tour itineraries in hand. Cross-reference ticket buys against schedules to ensure no dates are missed.
- Sending daily guest lists to concert promoters and tour managers.
- Handle guest lists for showcases, screenings and special events.
- Communicate approved ticket totals to Department Point People and track the wait list requests for all markets.
- Handle hard ticket distribution to staff as needed to include all outgoing Fedex and Messengers for rush situations.
- Help with will call ticket drops and on-site show coverage as needed.
- Assist with securing personal tickets for Senior Executives as needed.
- Assisting tour team with administrative support functions including but not limited to: electronic travel authorizations, tour support agreement letters, scanning of documents into Uniport, and liaising with finance to ensure timely payments to vendors.
- Assist with production of special events such as the annual Coachella and BET Parties, to including liaising with vendors and processing invoices as needed.
- Curiosity, the ability to master new tasks quickly and a willingness to pitch in on all tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with a focus on attention to detail.
- Strong ability to work under pressure while being deadline-focused on multiple projects.
- Strong computer and technology skills – especially proficiency with Excel.
- Resourcefulness and creative problem solving.
- Ability to work extended hours Interest in a wide variety of music including rock, pop and hip hop.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in music or entertainment.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, but not necessary depending on candidate's hands-on field experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.