Community Advocate at Grindr
We are seeking an enthusiastic, collaborative, insightful, discerning, and empathetic person to join our Customer Experience team. As the Community Advocate, you will report to the Senior Director of Customer Experience, helping to drive our user-centric culture throughout the company.
This role requires you to be able to build and maintain successful internal relationships with various stakeholders and departments, collaborating with customers, support agents, executives and everyone in between. You will use your strong analytic skills to provide valuable feedback and data-driven insights, translating complex and sometimes technical issues into clear, concise problem statements and user stories.
- Communicate as a liaison between users and Grindr teams about various aspects of the user experience.
- Coordinate with support, product, and engineering teams to understand the direction of the company and upcoming releases and features. Communicate these general themes and trends to users as needed.
- Review and provide feedback to customers on public-facing channels (Reddit, Twitter, App Reviews, etc), especially in cases of high-priority bugs and issues.
- Manage the UserVoice Forum of user-submitted requests.
- Advocate for user-desired enhancements through empirically collected data.
- Track and report on volume, metrics, user sentiment and feedback within public-facing platforms, identifying root causes, trends and correlations where appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to develop compelling user stories to present to various internal stakeholders. Educate through these customer stories, building internal empathy and understanding.
- Validate reported bugs with support and QA and enter details into bug-tracking software.
- Assist in prioritizing common pain points or areas of frustration, escalating critical issues when necessary.
- Assist with user research and testing.
- Compile a list of users who are reliable in providing feedback or interested in participating in user research.
- Find users with specific bugs or issues who can assist engineering in understanding or troubleshooting issues.
You should have..
- 5+ years work experience, with a minimum of 3 years experience working at a fast-paced B2C saas/ technology company
- Demonstrated technical aptitude; able to effectively troubleshoot and validate bugs in a mobile app environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A good understanding of social media and its impact with customers, as well as familiarity with all social media platforms
- Experience responding to sensitive and escalated issues to customers as well as confidently give presentations to executive leadership
- Experience understanding and translating complex and sometimes technical issues into clear, concise problem statements and user stories
- The ability to recognize which stakeholders need to be involved in an issue
You must be or need to be...
- A passionate customer advocate, obsessed with helping to create a “five star” user experience
- Curious about user behavior and have empathy for diverse perspectives
- Highly collaborative, able to develop strong partnerships in a condensed time frame
Bonus Points if you are/have...
- Experience working in an online user experience, community management, customer support or customer success role
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, statistics, data science; or equivalent work experience/ certification in user research, user experience, product management
- Highly proficient in support software such as Zendesk and internal ticketing software such as Jira. Experience with customer experience tools such as UserVoice and AppFigures
- Experience working for social media or dating apps
- Experience working collaboratively as part of a remote team
- A deep understanding of the LGBTQ+ community
Why Work at Grindr?
Since 2009, Grindr has built the world’s largest social network for gay, bi, trans, and queer people. Now more than just an app, we’re a family of lifestyle brands with the shared mission to connect LGBTQ people with the world around them:
- Grindr – The location-based social app that started it all. Over 3 million people use Grindr daily, from every country on the planet.
- Grindr for Equality (G4E) – Our social mission to promote justice, health, and safety for LGBTQ individuals around the globe.
- BLOOP - (In App) Each week we serve up freshly-juiced content highlighting user experiences, dating advice, grooming tips, queer pop culture & more.
Behind the brands, Grindr is an inclusive and passionate family of thinkers, innovators, leaders, and most importantly, doers. We’re fueled by endless curiosity, constant collaboration, and a knack for crossing every finish line – all within an agile growth environment. We also enjoy tons of perks, great social events, and stunning views from our HQ in West Hollywood.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% vision, dental, & medical premium coverage
- Generous Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Competitive Salaries
- 401k Match
- Stocked kitchen
- Free on-site parking
- Casual dress environment
- Office Daily Catered Lunch (when not working from home)
Grindr is an equal opportunity employer