Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding over $1.5 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Closing Manager to join the team. This person will work closely with our Head of Closing to help manage production flow and pipeline management of our closing experts. We are looking for an organized leader who is comfortable working in the weeds while operating from a bird’s eye view. Someone who is driven by maintaining and improving successful workflows and hitting consistent metrics.
Beyond producing high-quality loans and managing priorities, our goal is to build a product that will ultimately reduce the cost of homeownership in America. To do this, we need you to wear many hats, ranging from a visionary redesigning the needlessly complex mortgage process; a data analyst uncovering how to make the most impact; to a problem solver working with highly skilled engineers and industry experts to resolve technical and operational challenges.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of 8-10 closing experts with a focus on driving production, pipeline management and, process improvement
- Provide leadership and direction to high-performance closing team
- Actively track timeline and progress of Closing Expert onboarding and training
- Serve as the first line of defense to diffuse customer escalations to management
- Develop creative and innovative ways to improve team performance
- Manage and monitor overall performance metrics and pipeline management
- 3-5+ years of experience in a customer-facing role within mortgage, financial services, insurance, banking or fintech. Previous direct mortgage experience is preferable, but is not required
- 2+ of team management experience
- Strong understanding of production flow and pipeline projections
- High empathy and customer-centric mindset
- Proven demonstrations of improvement and tangible results
- A proven leader and mentor
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Highly adaptable and able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Direct closing experience
- Management experience within mortgage operations
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.