Carrier Compliance Specialist at NEXT Trucking
About NEXT Trucking:
Headquartered in “Silicon Beach” El Segundo, CA -- NEXT is a company driven by a commitment to providing world-class service to shippers and truckers alike. We’re on a mission to solve a trillion-dollar puzzle and offer painless freight.
Armed with experienced professionals from Amazon, Google, Facebook, Snap, and Salesforce, NEXT is seeking change agents who are excited to make a meaningful impact on an industry driving the U.S. economy. Forbes included us on its 2019 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list, and we’ve been recognized as one of Built in LA’s Best Small Companies to Work For and 50 Startups to Watch. NEXT is venture-backed by leaders such as Brookfield Ventures, GLP and Sequoia Capital.
We are passionate entrepreneurs, creative thinkers, and decision-makers who will transform the freight transportation industry with modern technology. We create delightful product experiences that enables freight to move effortlessly, solving complex problems for our shippers and carriers. We collaborate with some of the best designers, engineers, and business partners to achieve our goals.
Are you NEXT?
About The Role:
We are looking for individuals who can work and be responsible for operations on site and/or on-call during after hours. You will work primarily with the carrier onboarding team reviewing qualifications of carriers and ensuring our standards of carrier quality are met.
What You'll Do:
- Cultivate and promote a Culture of Safety
- Identify, develop, improve, and validate quality process improvements, documentation, and training media.
- Identify and correct unsafe behaviors or conditions
- Ensure long term sustainability of the Carrier Onboarding Team
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date carrier records
- Maintain carrier information in internal database including location, equipment type, and availability
- Manage daily carrier performance and report on it.
- Monitor CSA scores of 3rd party carriers
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
What You'll Have:
- Must have at least two years of logistics, brokerage, or freight forwarding experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- An obsession with customer and carrier success. You succeed when they succeed
- Next-level attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it.
- Empowered proactive problem solving
- A mastery of email communication. You keep the inbox at zero.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Ability and willingness to work during after-hours shift and flexibility to accommodate business changes
What You'll Receive:
- Competitive salary
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits 401k w/company match
- Vacation and holidays
- Fun perks: open office, dog-friendly, unlimited snacks, and monthly catered lunches!
- Join a rapidly growing technology company disrupting the trucking industry