Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
Weedmaps is seeking a highly driven, analytical, and strategic Business Operations Manager to join our team and identify, develop, and lead the strategic initiatives and opportunities that will drive Weedmaps' growth .
- Identify, synthesize, and execute on the company's most pressing growth issues and opportunities
- We do this in partnership with the executive team and business and functional leadership
- Ultimately, we serve as the connective tissue across the business ensuring strategic objectives are identified and realized
- Influence company strategic direction via synthesis of key business, operational & market insights
- Drive prioritization of highest value business opportunities
- Advise development of strategic objectives and key results down and across the organization
- Manage execution and tracking of business unit and functional team results
- Add analytic and management capacity to developing business and functional units
- Evolve early-stage initiatives into future growth-initiatives
- Lead development of processes and systems that align and optimize teams, functions, and businesses
- Work cross-functionally to surface key insights and learnings that improve teams, businesses, and the company
- Serve as a talent bench from which the company's businesses may draw as they grow
- Highly Productive: Ability to be highly productive with little oversight on a day-to-day basis. The right candidate has a high tolerance for ambiguity and engages in the challenge of developing growth infrastructure and shaping company strategy.
- A Structured Thinker: Develop and leverage frameworks to structure the team's thinking, facilitate decision-making among various stakeholders, and cut through analysis in an 80/20 way to insights.
- High-Energy, Positive Attitude: Must be motivated to work-hard and a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Established Strong Analysis and Presentation Skills: Quick and high quality analysis and presentation creation using Powerpoint and advanced Excel.
- Client-Oriented: Engender trust and strong relationships up, down, and across. Inspire confidence towards goals achievement as the human bridge between departments, company-wide direction, and ground-level execution.
- Multi-tasking Prioritization: Experience balancing numerous different priorities and demands
- Undergraduate degree from a top tier university. BS in Sciences, Engineering, or Math a plus. MBA from top university preferred. We're looking for individuals with a record of achievement and high personal standards.
- Must have 4+ years of general work experience, with at least 3+ years at a strategy consulting firm, investment bank and/or a SaaS or consumer internet BizOps group
- Fully covered Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee AND dependents
- Matching 401k, 50% match up to 6% of employee contribution
- 3 weeks PTO and 5 sick days
- Accident Insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- Voluntary Short and Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account
- Catered lunch provided 5 days a week
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Fridge is always stocked with energy drinks and other snacks
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come.
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing backend services for dispensaries, doctors, and deliveries. Our website gives over 4 million monthly visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!
Read Full Job Description