Business Operations Analyst, Strategic Planning
Renew Health’s mission is to fundamentally transform how medications are managed in the health care system. To do so, we are building a modern and flexible tech stack that will anchor a highly differentiated approach to pharmacy benefits. This technology will power an innovative set of clinical services and exceptional member experience, which together can improve access, increase adherence, and ensure that members maximize the clinical benefit they receive from medications.
We believe that our approach will reduce population costs, decrease medication errors, and dramatically improve clinical outcomes. It will also allow us to align our business model with the interests of health plans and patients--passing through savings to clients and members, and generating revenue through clinical services that improve care and lower costs.
Our initial team of 30 includes co-founders of Oscar, Devoted, and Lyra Health, and alumni of top companies including Microsoft, Amazon, McKinsey, Snapchat, DaVita, Google, Cityblock Health, Appnexus, The New York Times, and GoodRx. To date, Renew Health has raised $13M of funding, led by Venrock.
About the role:
Renew Health is seeking an ambitious and driven analyst to join our Business Operations team, which supports the CEO, COO, and senior leadership in setting the strategic direction of the company. In this role, you’ll use your analytical and strategic toolkit to play an important part in driving our business forward as we build our approach to next-generation medication management from the ground up.
Working with teams across the organization, you will be involved in long-term strategic and financial planning, execution of our business vision, and comprehensive analysis of key initiatives. This role provides an exciting opportunity to participate in the strategic planning activities associated with building and scaling a fast-growing, mission-driven healthcare company while gaining broad exposure to Renew Health’s business operations across multiple functional areas.
- Play a key role in translating our strategic vision into the detailed reality of our business model using an analytical and strategic approach to problem solving
- Work cross-functionally to help analyze and drive strategic initiatives across Renew Health while supporting mission-critical aspects of day-to-day business operations
- Collaborate with product, data, clinical, and finance teams in architecting a strategy to manage the complicated flows of capital, products, and services across Renew Health’s supply chain
- Analyze operating metrics and trends, synthesizing simple answers to complex business questions to provide crucial visibility to Renew Health’s leadership team and strategic partners
- Research industry trends, monitor the competitive landscape, and take on special projects as necessary to support important initiatives within Renew Health
- Take on special projects to support leadership on strategically important items like fundraising activities, Board meeting preparation, and more
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, corporate finance, and/or a business operations/finance/strategy role at a technology or healthcare company
- Exceptional record of academic and professional achievement
- A top-tier business and analytical toolkit, including expert Excel skills and strong experience building financial and operational models
- Exceptional grasp of corporate finance concepts (focus on or experience in healthcare and/or high-growth technology companies a huge plus)
- Desire to join an early-stage company with a bold vision for making a fundamental transformation in a historically-fraught area of the healthcare industry
- Comfort with ambiguity, first-rate problem solving skills, and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Sense of humor and humility
- Willingness to relocate to Los Angeles (if living elsewhere)