Associate Systems Engineer
- Ensure 100% availability of the infrastructure that spans across multiple global data centers.
- Monitor and maintain health, performance, and security of all infrastructure components.
- Build systems and perform necessary tasks to deliver against committed project timelines.
- Assist in architecture and capacity planning, software and hardware upgrades.
- Help script/automate tasks.
- Maintain and improve efficiency of the infrastructure processes.
- Adhere to the change management and other established processes and procedures.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment.
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Maintain infrastructure documentation and operational knowledge base.
- Respond to and troubleshoot incidents. Conduct root cause analyses.
- Participate in a scheduled 24/7 on-call rotation for second tier support escalations.
- 2+ years knowledge of Active Directory and related Microsoft services and applications.
- 2+ years knowledge of Microsoft SQL server, clustering and more recently AlwaysOn.
- 2+ years supporting a SaaS/Hosting type critical revenue-generating environment.
- 2+ years as a domain administrator in a Windows environment with 500+ servers.
- 2+ years' experience with modular server architecture such as Cisco UCS.
- 2+ years of experience with VMware Enterprise.
- 2+ years' experience configuring and managing Storage systems. NetApp experience is very desirable.
- Experience supporting load-balanced, traffic-intensive IIS & ASP.NET web servers.
- Experience with asset management, health management, and event management tools (e.g. SCCM, SCOM, Splunk, SolarWinds).
- Familiar with scripting/automation (e.g. VB, PowerShell, WMI, Perl)
- Experience supporting Microsoft-centric database, middleware, and reporting applications.
- Demonstrates proficient critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of Java-based platforms (e.g. Tomcat, JBoss).
- Working knowledge of networking, OSI layers 3-7, including IPSec and IPv6, clustering, and load balancing.
- The ideal candidate is a strong team player, quality conscious, has excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills, and is highly self-motivated.
- Expertise in network services and protocols, authentication and encryption techniques.
- Experience in the financial services industry, or a regulated e-commerce environment.
- Low/Mid-level Microsoft and VMWare certifications.
- ITIL v3 certifications.
- Large SaaS experience is very desirable.
- 3rd shift