Associate IT Support Engineer
Greater LA Area
Are you as passionate about creating solutions as you are about providing an exceptional experience for your team? Whether you’re still in early stages of your career or you’ve been in IT for awhile now, this is a role that maximizes learning in everything related to IT and scaling operations at a hyper-growth tech company, while being an integral part of a team you can be proud of.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the Position:
As our Associate IT Support Engineer, you will be on the front lines, supporting our users in all aspects of technology in our primarily Mac environment. Specifically you will serve as the first point of contact for team members seeking technical assistance and hardware setup.
Reports to IT System Administrator & Team Lead; No Direct Reports
Within 1 month, You'll..
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Respond to IT tickets in the queue within 2 business hours.
- Track and process incoming inventory within 2 business days.
Within 3 months, You'll..
- Resolve 90% of non-escalated IT tickets within 5 business days.
- Complete IT new hire onboarding tasks prior to new hires start date.
Within 6 months, You'll..
- Have reduced the number of escalated tickets by 50%
- Resolve 90% of non-escalated IT tickets within 2 business days.
- Have gained the experience necessary to take on basic projects.
You Should Apply If:
- You’re service-oriented helper.
- You have previous help desk support in a small to medium business environment.
- You have 1 - 2 years experience with Mac support.
- You have the ability to move/lift up to 50 pounds with assistance.
- You can be available in occasional off-hours to respond to IT and Facilities emergencies.
- You can communicate clearly and professionally through email, on the phone, and in-person.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
Read Full Job Description