Associate Director of Supply Chain at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
Seeking experienced/talented individual to join our centralized Supply Chain organization. Our team manages all aspect of procurement for the entire corporation. We provide the opportunity to be a part of a diverse team that purchases a wide range of capital, indirect and government funded products and services including IT, specialized equipment, facilities services and engineering, design, and construction.
The Aerospace Supply Chain organization is searching for a talented and dynamic leader to work in an indirect Spend team environment. Position will help develop and implement strategic initiatives within an assigned portfolio of indirect sourcing categories, which may include IT, Facilities Management, Security Services, Professional Services, Marketing Services, Human Resources Systems and Training, and other indirect categories of goods and services, throughout the procurement lifecycle. The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing and optimizing a sourcing strategy for each category as appropriate while establishing long-term agreements where feasible to reduce transactional work and obtain optimal quality, responsiveness, price and other terms. Position is responsible for the timely execution of contract/subcontracts awards for the indirect spend, including capital. There is a heavy amount of transactional work that is coexisting with strategic projects. Your ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines, as you partner with key stakeholders, all while ensuring your direct report responsibilities of coaching, leading, and developing a team of procurement professionals are being met, will ensure success in this role.
- Technical leadership and contractual competencies to form strategies to construct and execute major contract/subcontract activities utilizing various contracting types that are developed based on the need of each program.
- Ability to partner with key organization’s stakeholders in the execution of contract/subcontract initiatives
- Strong leader, people focused, mentor, forward thinker
- Ability to plan, resource and execute projects
- Strong negotiation and proposal skills
- Demonstrated understanding and execution of the entire procurement cycle
- Experience in different contract/subcontract types
- Experience with Strategic Sourcing methodologies
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships
- Bachelors’ or advanced degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration, and/or related field
- Typically 10 years working in Supply Chain, Procurement or related function
- A minimum of 5 years in a management role
- Demonstrated experience with procurement strategic planning, vendor sourcing, planning and executing on procurement plans.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with and holding both technical and direct report team responsible for commitments.
- Project Management skills – able to handle multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- Critical thinking and the ability to be action-oriented
- Analytical proficiency
- An investigative approach to problem solving
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (comfortable communicating with any level inside or outside the org)
- Experience in a role that required articulating data analysis summaries verbally or via power point presentations to various audience including Senior Management
- Experience interviewing, selecting, developing and training new team leaders and team members
Preferred but not Required:
- Defense/Aerospace industry experience
- FAR/DFAR Experience
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may visit locations with varying temperatures, floor surfaces and may be exposed to seasonal elements.
- Intermittent travel to gain access to work areas and buildings.
- Some travel required.
- Some lifting required.
- Some driving required.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.