Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol's generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world's leading Music Company.
We are currently seeking an A&R Coordinator that will provide support to the SVP, A&R. He/she will help maintain a very busy schedule, handle heavy phone traffic, and serve as a point person for the department. The ideal candidate will come from music or entertainment and have previous experience supporting an executive. Must be very efficient and highly detail oriented; multitasking and working on tight deadlines in a fast- paced environment is crucial
- Answer busy phones, manage and maintain calendars, meeting requests, travel and expenses
- Handle all assets and information needed for meetings. Provide agendas, manage video conference and play music submissions
- Coordinate and participate on shared projects with all levels of staff
- Make agendas for meetings and collect/organize assets
- Miscellaneous administrative duties and project work as assigned
- Provide additional support to A&R department as required
- Coordinating records (keeping track of sessions; sending/receiving files for mixing and mastering, booking studios and maintaining recording budgets
- Must be passionate about music and excited to learn in a fun and inspiring environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and can-do attitude
- Comfortable in fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Must be self-motivated, proactive and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- 1-2 years of promotions, A&R, and/or administrative experience in music or entertainment
- Experience supporting more than one senior executive is preferred
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.