Advertising Support Engineer
Greater LA Area
About The Company.
Gimbal is a marketing and advertising automation platform powered by physical-world data. Using our own hardware and software, Gimbal enables brands, media agencies, and marketers to deliver relevant messages in order to improve marketing communications and measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. Powered by its always-on location SDK, micro-location BLE beacons, and a complete mobile advertising stack, Gimbal’s suite of tools generates hyper-accurate location data that allows brands to target consumers more effectively and attribute their spend via actions in the physical world.
Gimbal is the most comprehensive location-based software and hardware provider in the country, led by a team of experienced serial entrepreneurs and media industry veterans. We’re headquartered in Los Angeles with satellite offices in New York City, San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, and Columbus.
About The Job.
Gimbal is looking for a Support Engineer with an advertising background to join our team. You’ll be working alongside Technology to ensure and improve the quality of our product offerings, with specific focus on our digital programmatic advertising platform. You will represent the voice of both internal and external users as you help us define priorities, identify bugs, and implement solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Prioritizing all incoming customer and internal platform issues
- Identifying, recording, and tracking bugs end-to-end with efficient resolution
- Developing and implementing test plans for both manual and automated processes to increase platform performance
- Overseeing all advertising systems (The Trade Desk, TapClicks, proprietary DSP/ad server) to support workflow and reporting
- Testing and troubleshooting ad campaigns in collaboration with with Ad Operations, Account Management, Product, and Engineering
- Updating internal stakeholders on platform operational issues and pending/implemented fixes
- Identifying and communicating product updates that require shifts in campaign management or AdTech implementation
- Creating and improving internal documentation for troubleshooting and product knowledge, including detailed reports on bugs
- Leading implementation of new ad products and ad tags
- Communicating customer feedback to appropriate departments to drive continued product development
Who you are:
- A proactive problem solver — you are constantly looking for ways to work smarter, delivering new efficiencies anywhere an improvement can be made
- Customer-focused — you hold the customer experience as your number one priority, maintaining a service-oriented mindset even in high-pressure situations
- A self-starter — you thrive working in small, collaborative teams with a focus on innovation
- A strategic adapter — you are meticulous with your work, but never lose sight of the big picture
What you have:
- 2+ years of previous support and/or QA experience in the digital advertising/media industry
- In-depth knowledge of AdTech SaaS platforms such as programmatic DSPs (The Trade Desk) and MarTech platforms (TapClicks)
- 1-2 years SQL experience
- Experience with project management software such as Trello, Jira
- Working experience with Zendesk, Zapier, and/or Salesforce (or related platforms)
- Familiarity with iOS/Android platform testing a plus
- BA/BS in a related field
Benefits & Perks.
It’s no secret that we work hard, but we also strive to create an office environment where the lines between work and play are blurred. This means we offer these great perks to help keep our team healthy, productive, and happy.
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance and disability coverage
- Unlimited paid time off - we trust your discretion
- Opportunities for profit sharing, bonuses, and ownership
- 401k plan plus company match
- Cell phone reimbursement and subsidized gym membership
- Annual professional development stipend
- Fully stocked kitchen - snacks, drinks, and catered lunch on Wednesdays
- Dog-friendly office
Read Full Job Description