ADMINISTRATIVE SPEC III Project West Wing at The Aerospace Corporation
In an era of dynamic change in space, Aerospace is addressing a generation of complex challenges. We operate the only federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) committed exclusively to the space enterprise. Our technical experts span every discipline of space-related science and engineering. Join our team and thrive in a career that matters to the world and you personally.
The Strategic and Global Awareness (SGA) Directorate (Project West Wing) conducts technical intelligence analysis and research for a broad range of national security space and intelligence community customers. SGA is a key leader in corporate efforts to help the U.S. space enterprise outpace threats to our space systems.
The Administrative Specialist III, PWW will actively contribute to a high-performing team working in the fast-moving field of national security space. Organize and execute the activities of the Directorate by working directly with the Data Management Director to facilitate and support the technical work of the staff. Responsible for enhancing the groups effectiveness and ensuring the office functions efficiently. Perform critical office functions such as arranging meetings and conferences; planning travel; receiving, referring, or answering mail; orchestrating schedules of leadership; interfacing with security; fielding callers and making proper referrals. Review drafts and finished documents for appropriate grammatical usage; answer questions relating to office operations and established policies and procedures. Gather, compile and report on information relevant to supervisor's assignment. Demonstrate behavior that is consistent with the company's values of Dedication to Mission Success, Technical Excellence, Commitment to Our People, Integrity and Objectivity.
- Prepares and formats reports, memos, correspondence and forms.
- Assists employees with travel arrangements including transportation and hotel accommodations. Processes travel expense reports in a timely manner.
- Prepares purchase requisitions following through approval process and delivery of material.
- Schedules meetings and reserves conference rooms. Coordinates and supports certain meetings including obtaining clearances and badges for visitors. Sets up conference rooms and arranges necessary media. Prepares briefing charts and other written materials for meetings as requested.
- Orders office supplies. Monitors printers and copiers for supplies and maintenance.
- May organize, provide, and coordinate incoming and outcoming mail and shipments.
- May provide back-up to higher level administrative support.
- Interacts with corporate management, various levels of internal management, as well as government, contractor, and other high-level customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Typing and proofreading skills
- Customer service orientation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to represent the company favorably to customers and visitors
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. Government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Must have a Top Secret clearance and be eligible for SCI access. Current TS/SCI strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 or more years of relevant experience
- 10 or more years of relevant experience with High School Diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of corporate policies, practices
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.