Accounting Manager, Global IT
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Universal Music Group (UMG) currently has an opening for an Accounting Manager position within its Central Accounting Services (CAS) division to support the Global IT Finance Team. Reporting to the Senior Director, CAS; this position will support the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process of UMG's central IT operations. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of combined frontline general ledger and/or corporate reporting experience must possess a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA credentials are preferred.
Our mission in Central Accounting Services is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, and creative process improvements. We are looking for an enthusiastic colleague with a dedicated work ethic and sharp mind.
In this role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to participate in a broad array of accounting, analysis and reporting activities, including:
- Primary responsibility for managing the monthly financial close & reporting processes of the Global IT Center:
- Manage BPO staff in Mumbai to ensure deliverables & work quality is consistent with agreed upon SLA's (service level agreements)
- Review and/or prepare monthly accruals & allocations
- Review all GL activities for proper accounting
- Review & approve journal entries & analysis prepared by BPO staff in Mumbai; including balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparing management financial packages, including financial reports, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
- Review corporate reporting submitted to global consolidation system Hyperion Financial Management (HFM)
- Provide support to global IT finance team as necessary to assist in the quarterly forecasts and annual plan process
- Liaise with internal & external auditors and prepare audit schedules as required
- Support special projects, process improvement initiatives & annual SOX testing.
- Strong analytical skills required; along with attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in the US.
- 5 to 7 years of broad general ledger accounting or corporate reporting experience; public accounting experience preferred
- Experience with SAP or similar general Ledger applications
- Strong Excel & Word skills required; Access experience a plus
- Experience with HFM
- Music or Entertainment industry experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting a must, CPA or MBA preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.