VP, Corporate Communications
We’re looking for a VP, Corporate Communications to lead our marketing team as we build our global brand. In this role, you’ll drive marketing’s vision and develop close relationships with the executive leadership team while working cross-functionally with executive leaders and local marketing managers.
As the VP, Corporate Communications, you’ll develop and innovate how we tell our powerful, mission-driven story to our unique global audience. You’ll improve awareness, reputation and impact for our brand and product platform, influencing external perception, and market positioning. You’ll have a dual responsibility between media relations and social media management and will generate content and coverage around our brand, product updates, thought leadership campaigns, new customer announcements, and partnerships. As a successful leader, you’ll bring fresh ideas for growing our influence, advocacy and following on our social channels. This is a VP or Sr Director level role based on experience.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. Remote candidates will be considered with the expectation of frequent travel to HQ.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee the development and stewardship of the Procore’s corporate narrative designed to differentiate the company and optimize growth and market share
- Work closely with our CEO and executive leadership team to establish individual corporate talk tracks to support external media and speaking opportunities
- Operationalize global PR and social media processes and strategies, and manage relationships with regional PR agencies and teams
- Develop of cadence for generating media coverage while building strong relationships with business and tech reporters, construction trade media, bloggers and other external influencers to drive impactful media coverage for Procore
- Partner closely with Product, Marketing, and Sales leaders to align campaigns and drive impact for the business
- Identify and harness key customer insights, compelling stories and create awareness and messaging that inspires new engagement
- Develop cadence of monthly content for press releases, blog posts, product releases, customer momentum, partnerships, funding, etc
- Create alignment with essential internal partners, communicating achieved PR and media milestones and critical wins
- Mentor and develop the marketing team, foster cross-functional partnerships that allow teams to quickly and efficiently execute on large-scale programs
- Translate market forces into thought leadership ideas and themes and execute through comms channels
- With a high level of gravitas, interact and communicate with executive leaders, board members, C-level customers, and a variety of internal and external influencer audiences
What we’re looking for:
- Strong B2B SaaS experience
- 15+ years of experience designing and building global communications strategy for enterprise software brands
- Cross-functional global management experience, including being part of a leadership team
- Experience working alongside investor relations to align corporate messaging with financial audiences
- Thoughtfully hired, mentored and retained a world-class team within a fast-paced, hyper-growth, ever-changing industry
- Proven experience producing and presenting compelling, convincing market data and information to a perceptive and experienced executive leadership team
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaborative cross-departmental relationships
- Inspires using creative thinking at all levels within their organization
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off of ambiguous and unsolved problems
- Experience in sourcing and managing PR agencies
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.