Vice President Marketing at Universal Music Group
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world's leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Universal Music Enterprises (UMe) is the centralized catalog marketing division for UMG, spearheading marketing, brand partnerships, sales, licensing, and more for the music catalog.
UMe is presently seeking a Vice President, Marketing in the company's Santa Monica, CA location. This role will recommend, assess and oversee global interactive marketing strategies utilizing technology partners, digital developers, and social media. Core functions include creation/implementation of digital tools and products to increase fan engagement, working with internal and external partners to secure their support and participation in campaigns, and overseeing execution of progressive marketing strategies. This role will be responsible for working directly with Universal artists and their representatives as well as executive staff and departments within UMe. This position is a visible and prominent role both inside and outside the organization.
What Bandmember Are You?
- Work closely with artists and their representatives to develop interactive marketing objectives and initiatives
- Oversee campaign execution with a focus on global audience engagement
- Develop relationships and secure worldwide opportunities with digital partners
- Direct and manage relations with independent digital marketing agencies
- Direct and approve creative processes for internal and external technology builds
- Manage, interpret and report on the performance of digital initiatives
- Be a creative visionary, driving progressive marketing campaigns and inspiring innovation across the team
- Collaborate with other teams at UMe including Commercial, Radio, Production, A&Rand International
- Account for project and campaign marketing budgets
How You Will Rock Your Role
- Experience in global music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists
- Expert-level understanding of the technology and marketplace powering today and tomorrow's music industry
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, CRM, fan engagement and analytics
- Proven ability to build and manage strategic marketing partnerships
- Strong grasp of collaboration and asset management tools
- Excellent presentation, communication and analysis skills
- An unquenchable thirst for innovation, experimentation and reinvention
- Passion for bringing music to the world in innovative ways
- Ability to handle multiple projects and operate effectively in a high pressured environment
- 10+ years of experience in digital music marketing, ideally working with catalog artists.
- Bachelor's preferred.
What's In It For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, "Gift Week", Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.