As the Vice President of Digital Marketing, reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will have a unique opportunity to join the Inspire leadership team to develop a performance marketing strategy and deploy digital acquisition and growth tactics that increase traffic to the website and overall member activation. You will develop world-class acquisition and retention campaigns across channels such as paid search, SEO, paid social, display, affiliates, etc.
You will also work collaboratively across the organization to develop a best-in-class digital customer experience. You will drive initiatives to increase conversion and funnel optimization.
THE VICE PRESIDENT, DIGITAL MARKETING HAS SIX MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performance Marketing Strategy: Working with marketing department leaders, develop growth strategies across digital channels to increase traffic to the Inspire website and acquisition of new members.
- Financial Planning and Budgeting: Manage digital spend and KPI’s to ensure efficiency and profitability of digital channels. Partner with finance to develop quarterly and annual financial targets for digital.
- Digital Experience Design: Work with cross-functional teams to develop best-in-class website experience that optimizes path to conversion and minimizes bounce and drop-off rates.
- Campaign Execution: Oversee execution of digital marketing campaigns across channels, including offer strategy, creative development, and any other aspects required to develop winning campaigns.
- Analysis and Reporting: Work with cross-functional team to define Inspire’s approach to digital analytics. Effectively communicate program successes and learnings across organization.
- Vendor Management: Supervise third party service providers to effectively manage digital marketing campaigns. Provide clear direction of services required, and hold each party accountable for meeting expected deliverables. Negotiate contracts as needed.
SOME 2020 EXPECTED DELIVERABLES
- Develop 2020 digital acquisition strategy and corresponding tactical roadmap
- Launch new and optimize existing performance marketing campaigns across multiple channels to increase qualified traffic to website and grow memberships
- Launch new website 2.0 strategy to optimize conversion and increase funnel performance
- Develop digital scoreboard with reporting by channel and tactic that informs go-forward strategy
- Ensure 2020 financial plan for digital channel is met or exceeded
- Flawless execution of campaigns that increase memberships vs prior period
- Growth from new channel tactics that increase memberships vs prior period
- Effective cost per acquisition of new memberships
- Increased conversion rate on site, increased time on site, decreased bounce rate
- Meticulously organized - ability to keep a large amount of details organized, as each campaign will have nuances by channel/product, along with a long list of required tasks and due dates to successfully execute a tactic
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships across all areas of the organization and clearly communicate goals to help motivate support from the required team members. Must be able to influence and partner effectively and lead by positive example
- Strong communication skills - ability to effectively communicate internally with colleagues across all mediums (email, Slack, etc.). We are a distributed work-force and great communication is essential
- Creative thinking - ability to constantly look for new ideas, both inside and outside of energy industry, and ability to engage colleagues in effective brainstorming that’s fun and leads to a consensus on what new strategies to try
- Strategic and analytical - fluent in developing strategic insights from marketing analytics and able to parse through different inputs to develop clear strategy. Enjoys experimentation, taking risks and learning from mistakes.
- Must Have
- 12+ years of experience with demonstrated success of deploying tactics across multiple channels
- 8+ years of direct ownership over digital/performance marketing functions that drive customer growth
- Successful end-to-end implementation of marketing campaigns with hands-on management of execution details
- Experience with digital P & L’s, digital forecasting, and financial planning for digital marketing tactics
- Experience with Google Adwords and Facebook media
- SEO marketing experience
- Experience executing complex multi-variate testing programs
- Experience developing reports and analyzing data to recommend actionable insights
- Strong cross-functional relationship skills to move projects forward internally
- Proficiency in standard MS Office / Google software (PPT/Slides, Word/Docs, Excel/Sheets) and familiarity with reporting software such as Tableau
- Nice to Have
- Experience leading external service providers and managing vendor relationships
- Experience in marketing commodities and/or has worked in the energy industry, preferably at a retail supplier
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment
- Experience in ecommerce and/or digital product management