Sr. Marketing Manager PP Shopping B2C at Honey
Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 325 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name – this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the right system set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
We are seeking an ambitious growth-oriented marketer to lead a team that lands PayPal’s commerce tools positioning with consumers. The Sr. Manager B2C PayPal Shopping will lead B2C strategies, create the positioning, define aggressive growth marketing initiatives, and lead an agile approach to deliver a successful launch and continued adoption. This is an awesome opportunity to help position PayPal as a commerce platform and contribute to the growth of a well-trusted and established brand!
This role is part of a team responsible for driving growth through direct to consumer strategies, including attracting new consumer growth through merchant partners. This role will also lead efforts to increase the monetization of the existing base through increased engagement.
This role, reporting to the Director of PayPal Shopping, will be a critical team member to the PayPal product to deliver ambitious commercial growth goals and infuse a spirit of growth marketing across the team. Collaboration is in our DNA and ensuring we create momentum through amplification and earned media through strong partnerships with communications and PR will be critical. Success will be defined by the delivery of business outcomes including new consumer acquisition, increasing engagement, and changing perceptions of PayPal’s value and brand in the mind of consumers.
- Team member creating the positioning, growth marketing strategies, and campaigns that drive consumer adoption and on-going engagement of Commerce Platform launch.
- Lead campaign & activation efforts across PayPal Marketing, cross-functional teams, and with third-party vendors partners.
- Partner with Product and Product Marketing to deeply understand functionality, input consumer insights, and translate into differentiated marketing.
- Help the team deliver against growth and revenue goals for Commerce Platform launch.
- Help refine and inform the target audience and leverage data and insights to inform acquisition and engagement strategies.
- Support articulation of Value proposition and key messaging as part of consumer communication & engagement strategies.
- Collaborate across PayPal Marketing to deliver Partner Marketing, International and Growth/Media plans and initiatives.
- Marketing Leader 10+ years’ experience
- Consumer marketing with both online and offline experience. Fintech, payments and Ecommerce experience highly valued.
- Brand expertise and understanding of integrated marketing and comms strategies
- Growth Marketer demonstrated capabilities in developing insight led test and learn approach across end to end funnel for customer and business impact
- Consumer Champion with demonstrated track record in designing marketing solutions with consumer at center
- Winning Consumer Strategies – you have implemented game changing ideas that have changed the course of businesses and brands
- Brand transformation track record in the creation, transformation of a beloved global/regional brand
- GTM programmatic execution across multiple markets with programs that have been scalable yet locally nuanced.
- Outstanding communicator who can partner, influence, and thrive in a global matrix organization with an ability to present to stakeholders with gravitas and confidence
Types of roles you might have done previously
• Sr. Manager- Marketing
• Group Marketing Manager
• Growth Marketing Manager/Sr. Manager
• Industries of Interest: Fintech, Tech, Telco, Retail, Travel, Financial Services, E-Commerce, Payments, CPG
Top 5 skill sets that you ideally possess
• Consumer subject matter expertise
• Track record of digital marketing expertise
• Growth Marketing skillset, mindset and approach to Consumer Acquisition & Engagement
• Commercial acumen and accountability
• Cross-functional navigation in a global matrix organization
The type of marketing leader that flourishes at PayPal (behaviors, motivations, the how)
• Holistic marketer – who can operate across the funnel and link strategies to commercial outcomes
• Results Focus – is a business builder who ties all work back to overall commercial impact
• Strong Collaborator – who partners with stakeholders for win-win
• Change Agent – we are rapidly evolving as a business and need someone who can be at the helm to lead change
• Thought Leader– uncovers consumer insights to create new marketing opportunities
• Nurturer of Talent - to bring out the best in individuals and teams
• Deals with Ambiguity - to take the unknown into action
• Challenges the Status Quo - and believes things can always be improved
• A believer in the “Greater Good”- one who always puts others’ needs above their own
The type of person who will not be successful (behaviors, motivations, the how)
• Needs to control all levers: we want team members to be able to partner interdependently to deliver great work
• Specialists in a discipline: People who have deep experience in only one aspect of marketing discipline (eg. Only ever worked across lifecycle engagement marketing, or only ever worked in brand marketing)
• Rigid play-it-safe planner: We want someone who can take a test & learn approach with a constant learning agenda and an innate propensity to take risks
Remote New York, New York, United States of America
Los Angeles - Traction, San Jose
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.