Sr. Manager, Marketing Business Development at Honey
Honey is a fast-growing startup based in Los Angeles. Our online shopping platform offers users a better way to buy.. Through a simple browser extension, we open up instant access to exclusive savings, deals, rewards and discovery, all powered by the collective knowledge of Honey’s community of online shoppers. We are helping millions save when they shop online, and we're hiring! We are actively seeking a Sr. Manager, Marketing Business Development to join our team.
About The Role:
We are seeking a hardworking, data driven, and results-oriented individual as our first member of the Marketing Business Development team. This individual will be responsible for driving user acquisition via smart, creative, and innovative marketing partnerships. In this role you will evaluate potential partners that marry well with Honey’s growing user base, and future user base, and work with them to create meaningful partnerships that move the business goals of both organizations forward.
What You'll Do:
As a Sr. Manager, Marketing Business Development at Honey, you will:
- Develop and execute Marketing Partnerships strategy for key products, including established and nascent aspects of Honey’s business
- Work closely with product, partnerships, and marketing teams to identify and engage potential Partners to enhance our marketing reach
- Own execution of partner co-marketing campaigns end-to-end, from partner priority, integration, execution, and iteration based on cost effective acquisition
- Lead cross-functional team in deployment of partnerships, including creative, legal, finance, product, comms, support, etc.
- Design and implement necessary analytics to measure and demonstrate ROI
- Run pilots with innovative and unique partners that will broaden Honey’s user base
- 5+ years of experience in business development deals
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners
- Experience in AdTech and working with various types of publishers preferred
- Experience with marketing partnerships, including the ability to set up and launch a marketing partnerships framework
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive programs and/or products
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and on your feet with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels Proven ability to develop relationships, negotiate, and problem solve with external partners
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to thrive under minimal guidance
- Strategic thinker and tactical executor – able to shift from big picture to detailed operations on a dime
- BA/BS required
At Honey, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive company. We seek to create a culture where everyone can belong because we believe that people do their best work when they can show up every day as their authentic selves. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
Honey is an equal opportunity employer. We do not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law.