Sr. Associate, Communications at Cameo
At Cameo, we make impossible connections possible. Our platform allows fans to get personalized messages from their favorite athletes, actors, influencers and more. Not gonna lie, it’s pretty magical. And now we’re looking for passionate, hardworking humans to help take Cameo to the next level.
🚀 Our #Fameo means everything to us. Join a stellar team of smart, curious and driven individuals, and experience a rocketship from its earliest days.
📈 Best in class. We’ve been named one of LinkedIn’s Top 50 Startups to Work For, voted one of America’s Best Startup Employers by Forbes and the #1 Most Innovative Social Media Company by Fast Company.
🌎 Work from almost anywhere. We’re a global, fully distributed company.
💰Get all good stuff. Competitive salaries, Equity, Health insurance, 401(K), and opportunities to connect with Talent on Cameo (looking @ you, Snoop Dogg).
Come to work every day knowing your efforts will have a material impact, shaping the direction of the next great tech company!
Culture and Values:
Check out our Key Values profile
About the role:
We’re looking for a Senior Communications Associate to help build and scale our growing Communications team. You will report directly to Cameo’s Director of Communications, and work cross-functionally to help conceptualize, coordinate, and execute a range of Communications activities across a broad Comms program -- with a specific focus on Consumer, Marketing, Data and Talent Communications. As the first hire on a growing team, this person must have the appetite for a diverse workload and set of responsibilities, the ability to thrive independently in a fast-paced environment, and exceptional writing skills. This is a career-defining opportunity to build programs and processes, make a demonstrable impact, help shape the perception of Cameo’s brand and grow the business.
We’re seeking passionate, growth-minded communicators who are adept at multitasking and communicating to multiple audiences. Strong writing, creativity, project management and analytical skills are required.
A few things about your role:
- Support the Director of Communications in building, executing, and measuring strategic communications plans across Corporate, Consumer/Talent, B2B, Product, Issues and Crisis; help build and lead strategic communications related to Cameo’s talent, fans, and product experience
- Help build and execute Cameo’s data-driven storytelling initiatives through regular storyline development, content creation and outreach
- Identify proactive storytelling opportunities that demonstrate (and diversify) Cameo use cases, elevate memorable/viral moments, and highlight new and noteworthy talent to ensure pop culture relevancy throughout the calendar year
- Drive and maintain a global editorial calendar and cadence of stories, thought leadership and news that aligns with key marketing initiatives and business objectives.
- Support brand and consumer marketing initiatives through outreach and campaign creation surrounding key fan touchpoints, gifting moments and marketing campaigns (i.e. holidays, Mother’s Day, etc)
- Work closely with integrated marketing teams to help launch new fan and talent experiences to a variety of stakeholder audiences
- Build out Cameo’s blog content to include company announcements, updates, product launches, talent and employee spotlights, etc
- Assist and manage Cameo’s agency partners surrounding relevant projects and campaigns
- Help secure and execute thought leadership opportunities for Cameo executives; help launch Cameo’s thought leadership program including research, calendar development and messaging
- Quickly and successfully assess and follow through on valuable media requests in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner
- Develop press-related materials like media alerts, pitches, media lists, executive press briefing documents, press kits, coverage reports and internal emails
- Stay up to date on the latest pop culture and entertainment trends
- Help create helpful and clear messaging including Q&A and talking points for internal team members
Things we hope you’ll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in PR/Communications or a related field
- 4-6 years of Communications experience with proven track record across consumer, entertainment, lifestyle communications and media relations, preferably having worked in both agency and in-house environments
- Creative, proactive storyteller who can execute quickly and take an idea from conception to completion with limited oversight
- Proven experience creating storylines, independently placing stories, and building media relationships
- Passionate, proactive, independent, results-driven, growth-minded communicator with the desire to go above and beyond, the ability to communicate to multiple audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proven ability to identify trends, willingness to negotiate with journalists and collaborate with colleagues
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
All salary ranges are dependent on individual experience and expectations. Cameo is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for every person who walks through our doors. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Cameo celebrates and embraces diversity.